Beginners and Beyond

Who is racing this weekend? (6/22-6/23) (Read 36 times)

bobruns

My HM is finally here and I am happy to say that I will will be arriving at the start line injury free this time.  I have never felt so

prepared and ready.  This will be my 5th HM.  Fairfield HM here I come!  Be gentle with me...

Whacha got?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

NY Giants Run of Champions 5K!! Finish line is in the Giants endzone! Not going for a PR in this one, I will be running with my dad and it is his first 5K! We are huge huge Giants fans, and my dad took up running just to run this race with me! So excited!

Good luck racers!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Good luck, bobruns and kristin, and anyone else who posts after me!  Big grin

BAA 10K Sunday with wife, Oski, and Mr Oski!  Followed by food and shopping, of course.  It should be a blast.  Hopefully the BAA shirts won't be sold out.  Smile  I've never done a race in a big city.  10K through Boston should be a whole lot of fun.

<3

happylily

Nothing for me, but good luck Phil (and the gang), Kristin and bobruns, and everyone else racing this weekend! Make sure to write a race report for us!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've got a 5k tomorrow morning, Laufenfest 5k which I registered at the last minute Wednesday. Then I am doing a Color Blaze 5k with my sister and niece later that morning, probably going to walk most of it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RSX

I'm running 1 mile tomorrow as part of a 26.2 mile relay (26 of us). It is a lot of fun doing relays.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

NY Giants Run of Champions 5K!! Finish line is in the Giants endzone! Not going for a PR in this one, I will be running with my dad and it is his first 5K! We are huge huge Giants fans, and my dad took up running just to run this race with me! So excited!

Good luck racers!

I didn't realize that was tomorrow!  Oh, man, I would have drove down there for that and visited my family afterward if I had known ahead of time.  Good luck!

On that note, there's a local 5K that I'm eyeballing, but not sure about running just yet.

Love the Half

West Virginia 5K Championship.  We shall see whether a flat course and a really fast field helps.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

RabbitChaser

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

I have a trail half marathon that starts at 8:30 tonight. It's a fun race that is run on technical singletrack trails. No real goals other to have fun, but it would be a nice bonus to beat my time from last year.

Eric

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It's Sunday,and they will have race day registration!

I didn't realize that was tomorrow!  Oh, man, I would have drove down there for that and visited my family afterward if I had known ahead of time.  Good luck!

On that note, there's a local 5K that I'm eyeballing, but not sure about running just yet.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MrNamtor

Good luck to all

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

It's Sunday,and they will have race day registration!

Just saw the race day entry fee for non-members, though.  $60 for a 5K??  Ouch!  I know it's the NYRR, but still.  Maybe next year.