Beginners and Beyond

My busted knee thread aka WOE IS ME, WOE IS ME! (Read 659 times)

happylily

I understand your huge disappointment, Phil. Soooo sorry about this! For the ski vacation, do you think that you and DW could cross-country ski instead of downhill? Would that cause less pain and possible damage? I know it's hard to do at the moment, but you have to try to keep some faith that maybe the pain will be gone in a couple of weeks and you will have the green light to resume training. There is a possibility of that, isn't there? You definitely have all of our good thoughts with you, dear friend. Stay strong.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Pinktastic

I think you're not seeing how optimal the situation really is.....  No skiing on vacation means a lot less luggage / gear to haul around and a lot more warm adult beverages to drink while your lovely wife skis.  

Just kidding, Phil!   That really does suck!!  I hope the doc gives you significantly better news than you're fearing!!

In the meantime, eat a tamale, mi chalupa!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Dude, I cringed reading that.

Will run for scenery.

That is a real bummer.  No way around it.  I always like reading your posts for their humor, but I've also always looked to you as someone who gets out there and gets it done day in and day out.  Especially lately, since so many of us have been down and/or out for various reasons.

I don't know if recovering from any knee injury can be speedy enough, but I hope yours is short, sweet, and complete.

Like the doc told me after a skiing wipeout : "Too bad you didn't break something.  Bones heal fast."

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

yeoldefatguy

Dude just man up and rub some dirt on it.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Phil, that just plain sucks.  I'm so sorry!  I did a meniscus many years ago and didn't need sx but was on crutches for quite a while.  Fingers crossed for a diagnosis that has as quick a recovery as possible.  But take heart, you'll get your fitness back pretty quickly and maybe there are things you can do to maintain some while you're laid up.  Good luck!

LRB

Hopefully it's just a sprain.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sad so sorry to hear!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Little Blue

Boo and woe all you want, that sucks.  Hopefully it will be a meniscus problem that can be fixed by poking a couple of holes in your knee, and not major surgery.  My friend had that twice, and he was laid up for maybe a week each time.

xor

Yuck.  Sorry.

AP came back from knee stuff to post one of the best seasons by a running back in NFL history and singlehandedly took his team to the playoffs.

Fingers crossed that you come back as a cross between Franz Klammer and Meb.  But with extreme cycling skills as well.

Good luck.

SheCan

Cry  YOu're more then allowed an woe is me thread.  We all fear injury, and it's awful when it happens.  I"m really, really sorry.  You're such a sweet hard working person, it hardly seems fair.  I just hope its not going to be anything that will leave permanent damage.  Best of luck to you, and keep us all informed of what you find out.  Many hugs.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

workinprogress11

Argh, that sucks and ouch, it sounds painful.

I hope it's something that allows for a speedy recovery.  Take care!

Revenge of the Nerd

You and RGIII both had reconstruction in 2009.  And now this.  But the similarity ends there - he doesn't ski.

Good luck and keep a positive thought!

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Supersono99

That really sucks. Best wishes for the best possible diagnosis with the easiest and fastest recovery.

That just plain sucks!  Positive thoughts are headed your way.  And as a side note....your accident is exactly why I do not ski.  I am truly scared of crashing and hurting myself.