Beginners and Beyond

Breathe! It's the FriDAILIES! (Read 37 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Well, breathe if you can. If your sinuses aren't being nasty like mine are.

My preferred workout this morning would have been a swim, but since I'm doing good to stay afloat when my breathing is good, I'm sure attempting it when my allergies are causing me to choke while just sleeping would be a recipe for disaster. So I'll attempt an hour of some combination of elliptical and stationary bike instead.

Make a good day, run, rest, rehab, recovery or otherwise!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Good morning Shari. It is nice to have some company at this hour. Smile

I am enjoying a yummy cup of caramel flavored Starbucks coffee and some quiet time. In about 30 minutes I will head out for my first session on the Alter G.

After that, I am going to save the world. 

Little Blue

Hi guize!  I'm hitting the road this morning for Kitty Hawk for the weekend, the Flying Pirate 5K/HM.  I don't have to explain that I'll be walking it with my friend.  I am running in the 5K, but that will just be a 3 mile run with several hundred strangers.  If I break 30 minutes, I'll be surprised.  I've run about 10 miles this month.  woo hoo!

Thanks for saving the world, LRB.   Gives the rest of us the day off.

From the Internet.

Morning guys! Mustering up the motivation to go outside for an easy 3-5 miles in the rain - just have to decide what combination of clothes to wear. Mid-40s and rainy is always tricky for me, I ought to write what I wear and whether it was too much clothing in my log for next time.

happylily

Thank you, Step, for starting the dailies! Enjoy your workout!

Morning other dailiers!

I have 12 easy after work, then driving to SIL late in the evening to spend the night at her place. We'll be leaving early tomorrow morning for Boston.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning was a little exhausting, it was only 64 degrees and 88% humidity with no wind but it just felt smothering  I didn't have a shirt on so I couldn't wipe the sweat off my face, but luckily Rocky did well and was just happy to be running with me. We ran 5.3 miles with a good ole easy pace of 10:11 min/mile

Then I headed to the gym, this was probably the shortest amount of time I've spent at the gym this year, only 40 minutes.

Focused on the shoulders and a bit of the delts.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps, 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps, 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps
              Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press: 70lbsX10reps, 70lbsX10reps, 70lbsX10reps, 70lbsX10reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps
              Rear Delt: 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps
              Shoulder Shrugs: 27.5lbsX15reps, 30lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX15reps, 30lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX15reps, 30lbsX12reps
              Front Plate Raise: 35lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 45lbsX6reps, 35lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates after work and that is all for me.  My 6 went well (4 with hubby) last night.

Shari, good to see you posting regularly.

LRB, enjoy one of my favorite drinks and have fun on the AlterG.

Blue, enjoy the race weekend.

Lauren, go out there and do it!  Have fun!

Lily, enjoy the 12 and yay Boston!

Andrea, that's what we call here a cold Winter day, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello.  Current streak is at 25 days at 8.9 miles a day, and with that I have an SRD today.  BOOOOO!  Coach said it's ok if I hit the pool though, so I'll tag along with DW to her swim workout.  We took the day off from work today because.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Was up at a super early time since DH was snoring and he wasn't listening.  He has a cpap and if I tell him to adjust it he usually does and then the snoring stops.  Well, he wouldn't listen and would just roll over so I got up.

Ran 5.1 at recovery pace.  Put the tarp down for the dirt to be delivered today.  It is a light rain on and off but not terrible.

Marjorie

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After that, I am going to save the world. 

Some thoughts to ponder:

Does it need saving?

Does it want saving?

Is it worth saving?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Hip Redux

Day 5 URD: Starting to go insane.

From the Internet.

5 lovely easy miles done. And I dressed perfectly for the weather too. Runs like this are why I keep at it Smile

LRB

Some thoughts to ponder:

Does it need saving?

Does it want saving?

Is it worth saving?

<-------- Noodle, fried.

Docket_Rocket

Some thoughts to ponder:

Does it need saving?

Does it want saving?

Is it worth saving?

Are you Jor-El?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Well, breathe if you can. If your sinuses aren't being nasty like mine are.

My preferred workout this morning would have been a swim, but since I'm doing good to stay afloat when my breathing is good, I'm sure attempting it when my allergies are causing me to choke while just sleeping would be a recipe for disaster. So I'll attempt an hour of some combination of elliptical and stationary bike instead.

Make a good day, run, rest, rehab, recovery or otherwise!

Solid hour on the elliptical at a pretty good intensity - heart rate was around 130-150 the whole time (if you believe the little hand-grip monitors). Not a peep out of my knee!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.