Beginners and Beyond

Moonlit Morning MonDailies (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

There was a very bright full moon when I got up in the middle of the night, but it was already setting by the time I was ready to run; still it was far from dark thanks to the moon.  I see a fair number of deer during my early runs, but most of the year the only adults are females.  Today I saw my first buck of the season and was reminded how much larger the older males are than the females.  This one had a nice set of antlers.  The males only come into town in late September and in October.

7 miles easy effort for me, though coming after yesterday's moderate-effort 14 the 7 felt far from easy.  Sometimes I think the 7 run the day after the 14 are actually harder than the 14.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

4.5 workday flat, a fraction slower than I had been doing workday 2-3; it’s time to up it.

I work retail, the 3 week day workdays at 9:45a to 8:30p, gotta be careful not make workdays harder than that already are.

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  I had a 5 mile run on the schedule this morning, but I ran 10 miles because it was 50 crisp degrees and didn't want to stop running.  More running later.

Happy Birthday, Docket!!!

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

6 easy for me with a leg workout after.

Fred - full moon when I started but had set when finishing. It is amazing how much light it provides.

Baboon - I was supposed to do 5 and did 6. 10...nope

Docket - Happy Birthday as well! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thank you! I started the MN Peer Review for my birthday but since everybody is CST or MT it's been really quiet. RD or a short run.

wolvmar, is it yours as well? Happy Birthday!

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Happy birthday, D!!! 

The moonlit runs are stunning. I was lazy getting out the door this morning so only ran 3 miles, and only had the headlamp on for the first 2 miles. It also amazes me how slow the first morning miles are—by the time my run was done I felt like I had finally just warmed up. Steamy 71* today. I’ll look forward to cooler temps this week.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Happy birthday, D!!! 

+1

It also amazes me how slow the first morning miles are—by the time my run was done I felt like I had finally just warmed up.

I know exactly what you mean.  My first 4 miles this morning were 11:03, 10:35, 10:27, and 10:06.  In mile 5 I hit a long uphill, so that was the end of the progressively faster miles.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

wolvmar, is it yours as well? Happy Birthday!

grammar error on my part. just meant as well as Baboon's wish! Sorry for the confusion but Happy Birthday!

That said, my birthday is Sep 28 so not far off!

delicate flower

It also amazes me how slow the first morning miles are...

My first mile has gotten slower relative to the rest of my run over the past couple of years.  My first mile used to be 10-20 seconds slower, and now it is 30-40 seconds slower, on average.  This morning my first mile was 8:10, and I averaged 7:27 for the run.  That first mile pulls down the average for the whole run, which is aggravating.

<3

No moonlight, just a heavy fog. 7 miles with strides.

Dave

LRB

I ran 3.77.

I can go as slow as a minute my first mile and sometimes a minute and a half depending on the season and my level of fatigue.

RunningOnSand

I know exactly what you mean.  My first 4 miles this morning were 11:03, 10:35, 10:27, and 10:06.  In mile 5 I hit a long uphill, so that was the end of the progressively faster miles.

LOL--those hills can be the death of accurate average paces.

My first mile has gotten slower relative to the rest of my run over the past couple of years.  My first mile used to be 10-20 seconds slower, and now it is 30-40 seconds slower, on average.  This morning my first mile was 8:10, and I averaged 7:27 for the run.  That first mile pulls down the average for the whole run, which is aggravating.

^ Aint that the truth.

RunningOnSand

I ran 3.77.

I can go as slow as a minute my first mile and sometimes a minute and a half depending on the season and my level of fatigue.

That's what I'm blaming this morning's fiasco on. Although I'm sure camping this weekend, with drinking less water and consuming more alcohol didn't help my paces, either. 

I can go as slow as a minute my first mile and sometimes a minute and a half 

Yep. Like running through hip-deep molasses. And the second mile is a bit faster but usually still way slower than the rest. It's worst first thing in the morning...which is all my runs. Well weekdays mainly; on weekends I generally allow more time after getting up, and I have breakfast first.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Happy birthday, times two

Haven't run yet because I did a fasting blood draw for Inside Tracker just now... I can't believe I actually paid all that money but maybe it will actually be enlightening.

Planning to do a 5K TT later to help me decide whether to register for the Bronx 10M on Sunday. I always PR at this race. I will not PR this time, which makes me wonder if I ought to even bother.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog