He's a leaker!

No more marathons

My race starts in about an hour.

Guess I should get ready.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

Good luck bluesky and DaveP and anyone else racing today!

I'm about go hit the lake for a swim before a lot of boaters show up.  It'll be my first open water swim without a wetsuit.  This should be interesting.  My race Sunday will not be wetsuit legal, so I suppose I ought to practice.

<3

+1.

Happy 241st birthday America, and happy 21st birthday to DD. Whoa.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No race for me.  Too fucking hot anyway.  I have Pilates and 5 miles.

Go, guys, go!

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning and good luck all you racer-types!

Thanks for all the kind words about Maggie.  My wife, me, and the other two dogs are all completely lost.  The evening and morning routine will take awhile to feel normal.

I rode 33, then jogged a mile because I am a streak whore.  I didn't feel like doing any of it when I woke up, but got in the groove after an hour.  I would have rode a few more miles, but my ass was starting to protest.  It's getting easier, but I'm not tough yet.

Have a great day and don't blow off a finger!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

No race for me.

+1

I had put together a mini-plan to race the mile today, but it would be stupid and impractical at this juncture. I realized it wasn't happening a couple of weeks ago though so I'm good. Speed work hasn't been in the cards but jogging has, even at a reduced, tenuous volume, so that's the important thing.

Mentally, having a plan or goal (even a farfetched one) helped get me to this point, so now I'll just focus on a fall race to help get me through July and August. Without it, it's tough to get up and get out there every morning, know what I mean?

onemile

Thanks for all the kind words about Maggie.  My wife, me, and the other two dogs are all completely lost.  The evening and morning routine will take awhile to feel normal.

It helps a lot to have other dogs.  I don't know what I would have done without Bruno.  The day after Mayzie died, I came home from a run and Bruno just attacked me with kisses so intently and ferociously - definitely way way beyond his normal greeting. He just tackled me and pinned me down and wouldn't stop licking and nibbling little bites.  It was like he knew I needed it and it was the only time has done that.

LRB

Good luck bluesky and DaveP and anyone else racing today!

I'm about go hit the lake for a swim before a lot of boaters show up.  It'll be my first open water swim without a wetsuit.  This should be interesting.  My race Sunday will not be wetsuit legal, so I suppose I ought to practice.

Happy belated Birthday, Boon. I saw your post but didn't put the two together because I'm an idiot sometimes, I'm an idiot.

onemile

Good luck Bluesky and DaveP!  Make our country proud!

I ran 7 easy

LRB

Have a great day and don't blow off a finger!

Or worse, a head. The past couple of years were just crazy with all the accidents!

LRB

I predict a faster time than what you ran at the Nationals.

LRB

+1.

Happy 241st birthday America, and happy 21st birthday to DD. Whoa.

Cool.

No more marathons

I predict a faster time than what you ran at the Nationals.

You lose.  

That's what I had hoped, but three weeks of not much doesn't keep one in 5K racing shape.  22:22 official time.

I finished 13th out of over 300, so not too bad for an old Phart.  And 1st in my 10 year age group.  There were a total of 21 in the 60- 69 - many more than normal.  Next closest was about 2 minutes back.

I went with the Prefontaine approach of go out hard and then hang on - but the "hill" at just a little over 2 miles really kicked my butt.

Overall I'm good with the effort - didn't leave much out there.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Mentally, having a plan or goal (even a farfetched one) helped get me to this point, so now I'll just focus on a fall race to help get me through July and August. Without it, it's tough to get up and get out there every morning, know what I mean?

That's for sure.

It's probably a good think I signed up for the 2017 in 2017 team competition.  If I didn't have that commitment it would be real easy to say FTS.

As it is I only need to average a little over 18 miles per week to hit my goal.  I guess I can do that.

One long run on the weekend should do it, right?  

He's a leaker!