Beginners and Beyond

Where are the WednesDAILIES? (Read 45 times)

StepbyStep-SH

I guess they're right here. Whatcha got?

5 miles for me  this morning, with an hour of martial arts on tap tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

7.1 under the stars.  Had to cut it a little short because of 7 sheriff"s cars, 2 ambulances, 1 firetruck, and a helicopter with a damn bright spotlight.  The helicopter is still flying around now.  No idea what is going on, but after that searchlight flashed across the road 100 yards in front of me, I decided it was the wrong morning to be running before daylight.  A desperate person on the run, or 7+ nervous deputies, are not ideal running conditions.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Little Blue

*waves*  I'm here.  Hopefully going out for 4 shortly, plus whatever I have time for with my friend.  I ended up with no running miles yesterday.  He started feeling lightheaded (dummy screwed up his BP meds), but wanted to keep walking.  I didn't want to leave him alone on the path, so I stayed with him.

Later today, cutting grass all afternoon, followed by a boat-christening party at our friends' house.

LRB

I ran 8. It was rough but I suppose that's about right for as mentally and physically drained I am feeling.

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING, I say!!  Today's running homework is a 30 minute recovery jog.  The good weather forecast for Saturday's race has improved...it's not supposed to get above 60 now.  Heh.  50-55 the entire race.

<3

Cyberic

Good morning!

7.1 under the stars.  Had to cut it a little short because of 7 sheriff"s cars, 2 ambulances, 1 firetruck, and a helicopter with a damn bright spotlight.  The helicopter is still flying around now.  No idea what is going on, but after that searchlight flashed across the road 100 yards in front of me, I decided it was the wrong morning to be running before daylight.  A desperate person on the run, or 7+ nervous deputies, are not ideal running conditions.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Think I would have cut my run short also, lol.

I'll run at lunch. Think I'll run some intervals. Not to trigger VO2Max or lactate threshold systems just yet, but rather short intervals with long enough recovery time to get the body used to moving at a faster clip again. Or maybe I'll do some strides instead. Or all of the above. In short, I'm itching to run faster and I'll try easing back into it.

Cyberic

Heh.  50-55 the entire race.

Thumbs up!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I managed to get out of the house for court today.  6 with 2 at MP tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

GOOD MORNING, I say!!  Today's running homework is a 30 minute recovery jog.  The good weather forecast for Saturday's race has improved...it's not supposed to get above 60 now.  Heh.  50-55 the entire race.

Great weather.  I'm super jealous.  For Chicago, I am just hoping we don't hit 80F, that's how warm it's getting.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Took yesterday off, two days in a row, madness! lol  Had my run cut short this morning, but that's ok, have hill work tonight, woohoo! Smile

Blue, sorry to hear about your BIL's diagnosis, hope he kicks it's ass!

Hope everyone has a great day! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Great weather.  I'm super jealous.  For Chicago, I am just hoping we don't hit 80F, that's how warm it's getting.

Well there is a 10 mpw north wind in the forecast, but fortunately the course mostly runs east/west.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Well there is a 10 mpw north wind in the forecast, but fortunately the course mostly runs east/west.

Ours is expected to be between 15-20mph, FFS.  But at least that should help with the Miami-like weather, no?  At this point, I have resigned myself in not even trying for the big PR.  I will probably shoot for a small PR or any PR.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Oh, is it morning?... I didn't notice, having been awake past 3 AM and all.

8.1 "everything hurts and this sucks" miles.

Off to get my DEXA!! 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

"Good morning Starshine, the Earth says hello!"

I watched Johnny Depp's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night, yep.....

Anyways, Dorian was awake and upset this morning around 2:30 AM and was restless for a bit so I didn't get up and run this morning, but thankfully my mom will be coming out this evening to watch him so I can get in 10 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mornin', folks.

PleasantRidge, glad you stayed safe. Yikes.

Back home to the BUF today, back to running tomorrow.

Next time out here, more poker. Like, covering the whole trip would not be undoable with more time at the tables. Wink