Beginners and Beyond

Pluck is out, Hoop.la is in (Read 245 times)

RSX

I was probably one of the last to come here. After checking out Runango the last time there were issues I thought there couldn't be a decent alternative but was wrong.

Mostly harmless

I like it here. As SRL would say, the pudding is delicious. Smile

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Luke79

I can see what's about to happen, I can just feel it.  I definitely like the new format.  It was the format, not the spam as much, that drove me away.  I bet people go back now.

The inevitability here is that we don't get new members and only some of us venture out into the other forums.  So we're doomed to become a very small group at some point, and eventually die.  How long that would take, I don't know.

happylily

I can see what's about to happen, I can just feel it.  I definitely like the new format.  It was the format, not the spam as much, that drove me away.  I bet people go back now.

The inevitability here is that we don't get new members and only some of us venture out into the other forums.  So we're doomed to become a very small group at some point, and eventually die.  How long that would take, I don't know.

Yes, that's the way I feel as well.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Yes, but along with a big forum comes spam, trolls, and James Parks-like characters.

Mostly harmless

So venture out.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Luke79

So venture out.

I am part of the "some of us" that ventures out.  That doesn't change the fact that the B&B, which has the feel similar to the beginner's forum on RWOL used to IMO, will eventually decay due to the fact that it's essentially an isolated system with a limited ability to grow (not theoretically, I know, but realistically yes).

Luke79

Yes, but along with a big forum comes spam, trolls, and James Parks-like characters.

mhm.

Hip Redux

mhm.

I have no idea what this means, and I even googled it. lol

Luke79

lol, no acronym there, it's more of an onomatopoeia.  Just meaning, yep.

Hip Redux

lol, no acronym there, it's more of an onomatopoeia.  Just meaning, yep.

Ah.

Ok, then!  I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a sarcastic "Uh huh" or agreement or... !!  lol

Anyway, I do like smaller forums, generally because the bigger ones attract trolls and garbage and the same questions over and over and over.   But I get why people like the hubbub of a bigger forum.  The nice thing is the interwebs are big enough for both kinds.  (Oski explains the internet!)

I see s*s already has a troll on RWOL, so I guess that didn't take long. lol

xor

I need a place which is alive with constant new threads and has enough participants to keep things moving. A place which can give enough answers/replies to all. I also want the right mix of topics, which to me is somewhere around 75% running and 25% other. I also want a forum which functions well. I waste enough time already as it is, I don't want to waste more because a forum platform isn't working as it should. And finally, I would prefer to stay with the people with whom I have formed bonds. The rest doesn't matter to me. I don't care who the mods are.

For those of you about to up and bail back to the site that fucked you over for years and taunted all of you when you left ("look, the cool kids are still here because I am totally misreading and lying about these numbers I am reporting"), thanks for spending some time here and consider that Eric bent over backward to be nice to you.  Adding features on the fly for you and whatnot.

At least have the courtesy to say thank you on your way out to eric and the mods (MilkTruck, trent, etc etc).  You all have been treated mighty god damn well.

Enjoy it over there.

As for the lack of new stuff here, if yall had bothered to actually utilize the running side of the house to ask/answer more running questions, perhaps stuff would grow (and still could).

See ya

Mmmmm...beer

I'll post over there, but I'm never leaving RA, forum is great with great people and support and the log rocks.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Why do I feel like I am the target of someone's angst? LOL...

I don't blame Eric at all for this forum being a little too quiet for my taste and I'll stay here for as long as I am in the company of people I enjoy. i am very satisfied with the site itself. But if I ever move, I won't feel guilty. Why should I? I also had 5 very good years over at RWOL.

And hey... it's only the internet, as LTH would say....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I like RA. There are cool people who answer questions and I especially like the training calendar that I set up for myself. The ability to upload workouts is also a plus. I am staying here.