Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are a good day for a rest (Read 54 times)

Cyberic

RD for me. My legs are feeling the 26 days in a row.

What about you?

delicate flower

Hey there, fellers!  No SRD here but I did get to sleep in this morning.  I have a bike workout tonight.

On my run last night, I had three bears walk right out in front of me on the bike path.  That'll stop you in your tracks!  An adult bear with two bouncy cubs.  It was very cute, though momma bear did glare at me for a while.  I backed away and waited a few minutes for them to clear out, then I continued on my run.  I was recently telling DW how I had yet to see any bears this year.  I guess that makes up for it.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 5 miles tonight.

Hoping to hear from my parents today.  It's been 3 days and not worrying but communications in their area were OK on Sunday and now they are down.  Sigh.  Can't wait for the 18th so I only have to worry about one of them (my dad is coming here).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Hey there, fellers!  No SRD here but I did get to sleep in this morning.  I have a bike workout tonight.

On my run last night, I had three bears walk right out in front of me on the bike path.  That'll stop you in your tracks!  An adult bear with two bouncy cubs.  It was very cute, though momma bear did glare at me for a while.  I backed away and waited a few minutes for them to clear out, then I continued on my run.  I was recently telling DW how I had yet to see any bears this year.  I guess that makes up for it.

I saw a bear once on a camping trip in New Hampshire. About 15 feet from me. In the fall, when they're big and fat. Geezus they're impressive.

bluerun

Super B****

No rest here, but that's okay, because I have three days of that shit in a row coming up... holidays really mess with my style.  My splinty shins will probably be grateful, though.

10 miles on the trainer to wake up, then 6.5 miles ... I really need to dig out some gloves.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

I saw a bear once on a camping trip in New Hampshire. About 15 feet from me. In the fall, when they're big and fat. Geezus they're impressive.

The momma bear I saw yesterday was the smallest adult I've seen.  The cubs looked like fat dogs.  I've had a couple of huge adults cross my path before.

<3

onemile

DP of 66 this morning but it's supposed to fall to 45 by this evening so I decided to push my workout to tonight

onemile

That's pretty awesome. I saw a bear on my run once, up in northern WI

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

5 miles last night. I was going to run at 6 this morning with the trail running group but never made it out of bed.

Coastal

Cool!

Bears who don't immediately run off make me nervous, though.  Too used to people.

I had a similar event a few years ago after finishing a hard speed session, then pushing it up a big hill on my way home.  When I crested the top, completely dead from the effort, I met a cub in the middle of the road coming up from the other side.  No sign of mama which meant she was already in the brush along the road, possibly behind me, and the cub just kept coming toward me.  My speed session got extended by a few miles that day....  Bears get the entire road anytime they want it.  

LRB

RD for me. My legs are feeling the 1 day in a row.

onemile

LRB that made me lol

GC100k

The momma bear I saw yesterday was the smallest adult I've seen.  The cubs looked like fat dogs.  I've had a couple of huge adults cross my path before.

Cool! I've spent many hours on trails where bears are known to be, but I've never seen one.

btw, black bears almost never attack humans. But "almost never" is not the same as "never".

oldfartrunner

Morning everyone,

Thinking on 6 easy later. Slurping the lifer juice now trying to wake up.

Baboon:   Yikes! We have Javelinas here (wild pigs). They can get mean too. I yell at them from a distance, cause they don't hear or see very good it seems.

Coastal: How's the legs?

LRB:

626: Way to get it in.

BLUE: Shin Splints. Sad

Cyberic