Beginners and Beyond

Seriously Sundailies (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hey bums!!! Wake up!

So I didn't get a run in this morning, Dorian was restless and I was tired. And the "inside" area of my left foot  or the right side of my left foot is still feeling weird and tight. I've had it happened many times before so I am just going to ice it and see what happens. I'm still hoping to get a run in later today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.8 miles.  I'm tired of the wind, but I won't complain .

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Hopping on the TM for my LR soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Doing more research, I've figured out it is my Posterior Tibial Tendon that is irritated. I've had it before, and I've noticed that since switching from the Asics GT 2000s to the Brooks Ravennas, that even just walking or wearing my old Asics at work seems to have begun irritating my feet, left foot especially. Especially during long periods of standing around.

I really don't want to spend more money on another pair of shoes, even just for everyday use 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I was up at the ass crack of dawn to drive 40 minutes to the trail to meet up with some running peeps. One of them was late so we were standing outside freezing our balls off until finally I couldn't take it anymore and took off running. No one came with me so I ended up running 12 miles alone. Since that was the case, I could've gone there any time I wanted, so I woke up early for nothing. 

Cyberic

Ran an easy 7.5, for a weekly mileage of....drum roll... 51.4!!! Thank you, thank you. You're too kind.

FS, I have no idea what you have, or what I have for that matter, but I do know that my left foot has become ultra finicky about shoes. It's ridiculous. There is only one pair of shoes that is totally painless. I wear them to run and to walk around until marathon day. Not ideal to walk around in active running shoes, but I want to play it safe for the last few days. I'm confident it will get better with upcoming mileage decrease.

Cyberic

I was up at the ass crack of dawn to drive 40 minutes to the trail to meet up with some running peeps. One of them was late so we were standing outside freezing our balls off until finally I couldn't take it anymore and took off running. No one came with me so I ended up running 12 miles alone. Since that was the case, I could've gone there any time I wanted, so I woke up early for nothing. 

And that is the main reason I run alone. I have no patience, and no tolerance for people who are not on time, and in a group there is almost always at least one.

workinprogress11

I could totally see myself doing this.

I will run 5 at some point today.

delicate flower

'Morning!  52 mile bike ride done in the cold and wind on tired legs.  It took me a while to get into the ride, and that happened right around mile 21, when I went from pedaling north to pedaling south, thus changing the wind from a headwind to a tailwind.  16.2 mph through 21 miles, finished at 17.3 mph avg.

For the week:

Swim - 5.7 miles

Bike - 85.7 miles

Run - 30.6 miles

12:09 total training time.  A good week.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles with 3 x 1 mile at 10k pace and 6 x 1/4 mile at 5k pace. Did some of it at the track. Made a pit stop in one if the two port o pots. Skipped going in the one where someone took a crap in the urinal 

LRB, I wouldn't have waited in the cold.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ran an easy 7.5, for a weekly mileage of....drum roll... 51.4!!! Thank you, thank you. You're too kind.

FS, I have no idea what you have, or what I have for that matter, but I do know that my left foot has become ultra finicky about shoes. It's ridiculous. There is only one pair of shoes that is totally painless. I wear them to run and to walk around until marathon day. Not ideal to walk around in active running shoes, but I want to play it safe for the last few days. I'm confident it will get better with upcoming mileage decrease.

Yeah, I can't really figure what irritated it but I know it didn't start until during yesterday's 14 miler about 8-9 miles in I think. After slipping and sliding in some mud and slime. I've only worn these particular shoes once before yesterday and that was the week after LBLM and they seemed fine. Using my little moji 360 foot massager thingy really seems to help but I'll probably leave this week with just 34 miles to be on the safe side and see how things feel tomorrow afternoon.

PRs

LRB

LRB, I wouldn't have waited in the cold.

10 minutes was about 8 minutes too long. lol

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

10 miles, 8:01 pace.

I have two weeks until my HM and I am sick of training. I thought I would only feel like this while training for a marathon but I now have that same "I want this crap to be over" feeling. Eh, whatever. I can handle two more weeks and if I can get a PR it will be worth it.

See ya and have a good day.

Docket_Rocket

Not all shoes are the same, not even the support shoes. Some are for lighter or bigger pronators and probably the Ravennas are not the type you need

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I got to do some self foot surgery before my shower--draining a blister on the side of my foot. I haven't gotten one from running in a few years, but it is always in the same place (inside of my right foot).