Beginners and Beyond

Zoom ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

I overslept like a mother fucker.

Out!

Cyberic

Got 9 at MP on tap, but when? I dunno yet. Damn heat.

There's a total of maybe 4 weeks per year when the temps are a little extreme for running: two in the winter, and two in the summer. We're going through some of that summer time right now. Not much I can do about it.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.6 miles done at Fort Sam on Wednesday morning.  Then Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm., the social outing with my Team RWB group, run or walk a distance of your choice; 3 easy miles for me along the San Antonio River Walk, starting and finishing at the oldest VFW post in Texas.  A little bit warm at 96 degrees and very humid, but hey, at least we're out of the 100 degree area for a while!  Run/walk  followed by watermelon slices, beer, music, and nice socializing conversation.    This social fun-run is held every Wednesday evening and before we start the run/walk portion, we always get a group photo of everyone there.  I'm in the back row, top, in the lime green shirt.

Tonite after work, an easy 3-4 miles.   And a cool front for us in San Antonio...only 92 degree high today, oh yay! 

photo VFW run_zpsvrlt3btp.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles and Pilates.  Going to my massage therapist to tape this stupid foot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

Morning!  RD here, it's raining.  And I'm going to help my elderly friend with some stuff around her house.

bluerun

Super B****

4.5 on the AlterG -- I am tired and my legs are dead and hurt.  They will be happy to sleep a dozen hours tomorrow night.

Off to PT!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I ran 7, the first 4 in the rain FFS. Had a nice little breeze for the final 3.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!

Did 7 this morning, dewpoint was a lil high, shoes were squishing. LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Morning!  Up and out way too early this morning, we're still interviewing teachers.  Tonight is my running club's potluck, plus of course a run beforehand.

delicate flower

Treadmill.  8 x 3 minutes at 10K goal pace with 90 second walk recoveries, with w/u and c/d.  9 miles total at 7:48 avg pace.

<3

cjones1

9m with 5 at HMP in 58 glorious degrees.  Now I'm home with a migraine, which I think is a side effect of the sudden weather change.  Thank goodness for paid sick time.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

So the company volleyball tournament has returned after a four year hiatus.

I was all about it for the five years prior to that and even won the championship in 2009. Well, my former team is getting back together and they have been riding me hard to join, to which my response has been an unequivocal, "hell no!"

As much as I would love to play, there is no way I am going to risk getting injured yet again this year out there jumping up and down (albeit in the sand but still) and running around while training for a marathon. No way at all.

I feel kind of bad but fuck that, if I am going to get injured let it be while running (or flying off a ladder), but not for two weeks while playing volleyball FFS.

Would you still play?

bluerun

Super B****

I was all about it for the five years prior to that and even won the championship in 2009. Well, my former team is getting back together and they have been riding me hard to join, to which my response has been an unequivocal, "hell no!"

As much as I would love to play, there is no way I am going to risk getting injured yet again this year out there jumping up and down (albeit in the sand but still) and running around while training for a marathon. No way at all.

I feel kind of bad but fuck that, if I am going to get injured let it be while running (or flying off a ladder), but not for two weeks while playing volleyball FFS.

Would you still play?

Hell no.  I don't do anything that might injure me (unless it's running).  Which is sad, since I really want to go skiing, but nope.  No no no.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Mmmmm...beer

Would you still play?

Nope, wouldn't do it if I had a goal race on the schedule.  Just too much time invested to risk it.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Would you still play?

You are doing the right thing to not play. Easy for us to understand, but it's the type of thing that's very hard to explain to non-runners. So in reality it'd be tough to say no, especially to co-workers.

13 w/10 MP

Dave