Beginners and Beyond

Pam Anderson to run NYC Marathon (for charity) (Read 131 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://www.runnersworld.com/celebrity-runners/pamela-anderson-to-run-nyc-marathon

I was wondering if she fell of the face of the earth, but speaking of "famous" and somewhat " famous people, has anybody ever ran into a celebrity while running a race or just out running? By celebrity it can be someone who isn't really well known, are extremely well known.

As for me, nope.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

meaghansketch

The first (and only, so far) time I ran the NYC marathon, I was right in front of Jared ('the subway guy') (this was 2010, when he was still a little famous) for a good stretch around miles 16-18.  I kept hearing cheers for him, but he never passed me and after a while he dropped off pace a little.  He ended up finishing about 15-20 minutes behind me.  That's the closest I've ever gotten to a celebrity running encounter.

Rubybaby43

enabler

I am in MN, so no, I have never encountered someone famous on my runs.  LOL

This article confuses me (or maybe I just need a nap), but it says "her first 26.2-miler", and then a couple of paragraphs down she mentions that she has only run marathons in Haiti and the Dominican Republic.  Ummm...those count.  :::shrug:::

KLO

more miles = more beer

catwhoorg

Labrat

Perhaps they were mini-marathons....

Is it too soon to make black eye jokes ?

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

delicate flower

Oddly enough, Pam's breasts will cross the finish line 11 minutes ahead of the rest of her.

<3

RSX

I am terrible at recognizing celebrities anywhere. I have driven by Bill Rodgers running a few times. The only time I have ever been running at the same time, he was with a guy I know on the Boston course.

Jess runs for bacon

This article confuses me (or maybe I just need a nap), but it says "her first 26.2-miler", and then a couple of paragraphs down she mentions that she has only run marathons in Haiti and the Dominican Republic.  Ummm...those count.  :::shrug:::

I think that part was about one of her teammates?

lol@phil! I am seriously considering volunteering this year, so maybe I will get to see her.

Hip Redux

All I could think is Lordy, I hope she has a good bra.  Those suckers could injure someone!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I thought they were speaking of the Haiti runners she will be running NYC with.

“I’ve only run marathons in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, so the ING New York City Marathon is going to drastically expand my horizons as a runner,” Haitian runner Astrel Clovis said in a press release. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Rubybaby43

enabler

OMG....LOL!

Oddly enough, Pam's breasts will cross the finish line 11 minutes ahead of the rest of her.

Okay...apparently I do indeed need a nap.

I thought they were speaking of the Haiti runners she will be running NYC with.

“I’ve only run marathons in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, so the ING New York City Marathon is going to drastically expand my horizons as a runner,” Haitian runner Astrel Clovis said in a press release. 

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rungry!

All I could think is Lordy, I hope she has a good bra.  Those suckers could injure someone!

Ha ha! That was my first thought also. Great minds think alike.

Jen

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My question is, does she run at all or is this just for charity? Obviously it's her first 26.2 but has she ever ran a half, or a 10k or a 5k? Hell, I am sure more will watch the NYC Marathon just to watch her boobies... .... though I don't know if it will be the same as it was in Baywatch.

PRs

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So where does she wear the chip?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If this pic is recent....

I thought her breasts were bigger?

PRs

catwhoorg

Labrat

She did have implants at one point, and then later had them removed.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18