Beginners and Beyond

The Wednesdailies made me do it! (Read 310 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Good morningSmile I'm on my way to the gym to do twelve quarter-mile repeats.
      Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Full body workout at the gym tonight then later on some karaoke!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good morning runners!

Gustav & Basaya - enjoy your gym time today.

I was driven to the gym treadmill last night by an inch or so of wet snow.  Walked 3.5 miles at varying inclines.  One of the funny things about walking is that I'm waking up each morning with new soreness in my legs that I've never experienced before.  Walking must use different muscles that running??  30 days 'til I can run again!

Angela 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.

I really need to work on that brief today.  At least to start it.  I got to page 2 and they were all title pages, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning! My gym is inside a hospital, and I noticed when I went on Monday that they had put a walking path around a manmade pond. I'm going to go over there on my lunch break today to run outside then shower before going back to work. Yay for running in daylight!

not lazy, just tired

Morning All!

Skiing again for me today. I probably won't be running until Friday. Once I settle into the ski season schedule, I'll have to try to run some after skiing. I hate to see my mileage drop back so much, but, as much as I love running, once winter is here skiing takes precedence. Hopefully I'll be able to find a better balance than last year.

Not if it makes sense.

delicate flower

Happy Wednesdailies and you go on with your bad selves!  Well my treadmill run last night did not go according to plan, basically because I lacked discipline.  I had planned on 10 easy, but I got on the machine and decided to run harder, mostly to break up the boredom.  So I did 10 miles with 10 x 1/2 mile at HM pace (8:00).  My overall pace was 8:38 and was a much harder effort than I had planned.  My legs feel good this morning though, so I am glad I did the hard effort.  MLR planned today. 

Edit:  Yesterday's run set me a new monthly mileage PR, with three days to go in a 30 day month.  Not bad. 

Is it Friday yet? 

<3

Basya, good luck with the 12 quarter-mile repeats.

Gustav, I love your thread titles.  Enjoy the full body workeout.

Stupidlazydog,  enjoy the downhill skiing!

Running out of time and I can’t, well, shouldn’t be late for work again. SRD for me today but my short, easy run went well last night. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Just 3.07 this morning. I dragged my ass out of bed too late to do the 4-5 I wanted. This is day 8 of my streak, but I'm actually feeling pretty unmotivated since my half. Maybe my long run this weekend will help me pick things up again.
                      LRB

Supp foo's.

This new batch of coffee has me wound tighter than a spring!  I wish I could run it off, but I'll just have to unleash the dragon on the public instead.

They won't know what hit 'em!

runmomto3boys

I've got a recovery run tonight.  I am pooped from last night's intervals!

Pinktastic

Good Morning Runners!   Or, as Baboon might say…..   Buenos tacos, mi chalupas!

Gustav and Basya – enjoy the gym time today!

Vegan – I agree that walking uses different muscles.    Counting down the days til you can run again too!

Damaris – Good luck with your brief writing today, and enjoy your 6 pack tonight!

April – Running in the daylight?   Yay for you!!  Have fun!

SLD – I’m very jealous that you live where you can ski.   Have a great time!

Baboon – Sounds like quite the workout on the TM last night.   Good for you!   Hope your MLR goes well today!

Steph – Enjoy your rest day – you’ve earned it!

Flippy – 3.07 is better than nothing!   I tend to be an all or nothing runner – if I can’t get in my full planned workout, I bail.   I need to be more like you.  Perhaps signing up for another race will motivate you?

LRB – I’m on my 2nd cup this morning already.   Love me some coffee!   Perhaps you should put out a public service announcement to warn the public that you’re on your way and you’re FULLY caffeinated….

AFM, I am soooo tempted to try to run tonight and see how it goes with my knee.    But, I am trying to be disciplined because I really want to run my 5K on Friday – it will be my first nighttime race.   

Happy Wednesday to all!   And, may your next run be Pinktacular!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

RMTB - you snuck in on me!   Good Morning to you!   Hope your recovery run this evening goes smoothly!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Gustav, have a great workout.

Angela, what was the range of inclined you used?

Damaris, enjoy your six.

AR, I envy your being able to run outside in daylight. Have a great time.

sld, have fun skiing.

Baboon, what's a MLR?

Steph, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Flippy, eight days in a row? Wow. I hope that, someday, my body can handle that.

RMTB, great job with last night's intervals. Pinktastic, I understand the temptation to run when one probably shouldn't:/

Rick, top o'the coffee mug to ya.

Quarter-mile repeats are done. I did the planned twelve. The rest periods were walking at 3.0mph (20:00) and around 1:45 long. Counting those, the repeats, and the one-mile each warmup and cooldown at 5.2mph (11:32), I did 6.25 miles. I feel amazing. Tonight's running group meetup will be a recovery runSmile