Beginners and Beyond

The Wednesdailies made me do it! (Read 310 times)

Weezer88

RMTB - I must have signed up awhile back as when I tried to create a new profile it said that my e-mail address already had account assigned to it.  I think today starts the demise of RWOL.  I knew I shouldn't have renewed my subscription to RW.  Dangnabit!

We'll be visiting a well-known college in northern Indiana this weekend.  Hint:  They'll be playing for the BCS Championship.  Oldest son scored a 30 on his ACT - but he'll probably need closer to a 36 for that school.

Is it lunchtime yet?

I AM WEEZER.

LRB

What's up?  Now I see where everybody has headed off to instead of THAT place.

The dailies are on and poppin' now!

Gustav, betta set your alarm for 3 am if you wanna beat this guy!

@runjerseygirl

3.19 at lunch for me today.  Happy to be logging miles on the Dailies again. Smile

Do you even run?

Misty

5-6 for me this evening. Then 4 with strides tomorrow. Then a rest day. Then THE RACE!!  No, I'm not panicking Surprised

Misty

Bless your heart.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey runners and runnerettes.  I got 8.37 miles in this morning with 8x30secs at about 5:15 pace.  I'm doing a double today, so I'll have 5 miles with the running store later this evening.  Those runs can tend to get a little competitive, so I'll have to be good and keep it as an easy run.  So far I've really liked my Hudson training plan in that the fartleks, hill sprints, and progression runs have been a great way to build my stamina and pace back without stressing my body too much.

Weezer...Enjoy the visit to ND.  I too looked there, but never intended to go because I knew I couldn't play soccer there.  I ended up getting to play against them a couple times though, which was fun.  Anyway, congrats to your son on his great score and I hope you enjoy the college finding experience with him.

Lrb...Doing anything else fun and exciting to stay busy during your self-imposed hiatus?

Kay...Nice job getting the lunchtime miles in.  My lunch is always longer than it should be with those runs, but oh well!

Runnah...What race do you have on the schedule?  I always like to look back at my training before a race so that I can remember that I am prepared and have done everything I can (not recommended if your training has been really spotty Smile  Have a good last couple runs.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

SIAR!  Man, this site is growing like a weed! 

Misty

Runner- yeah that's my problem lol!  I've had a very spotty last 3-4 weeks due to being sick. But I'm almost well now Smile. I'm doing the Baton Rouge Beach HM on Saturday.

Misty

Bless your heart.

seeamyrun

Good afternoon everyone!

Just got back from a comfortably hard 14 miles. Freezing my behind off. Headed to a warm shower.

I have lots of errands to get done today.

Have a good one.

Luke79

5-6 for me this evening. Then 4 with strides tomorrow. Then a rest day. Then THE RACE!!  No, I'm not panicking Surprised

Jess runs for bacon

Lilac - my wife and I just hit the Indian buffet over in Palmer for lunch yesterday . Mmmmm.

There's one in Palmer? Is that the one of 248?

I went to Nawab in Bethlehem. I had a sad, no bread OR veggie pakora today. So I ate a bunch of naan instead. And chana masala. And a bunch of other stuff I can't pronounce. Good thing I'm not racing tonight..I'm thinking Indian is not the best pre race food.

April, I will be taking lots of pics! I've never been to Lights in the Parkway to see the lights, so I'm looking forward to it!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lrb...Yep, I'm not the hippest, but I know where the party is at!

Runnah...Ah, gotcha.  In that case, forget 'bout your training and run your butt off.  You're a runner after all, it doesn't matter what your training has been. 

Amy...Nice job with the 14, and good luck on the day's tasks.

Luke...very zen, very zen.

Lilac...I don't think I followed any of that lol.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Lrb...Yep, I'm not the hippest, but I am the fastest

Runnah...Ah, gotcha.  In that case, forget 'bout your training and run your butt off.  You're a runner after all, it doesn't matter what your training has been. 

Amy...Nice job with the 14, and good luck on the day's tasks.

Luke...very zen, very zen.

Lilac...I don't think I followed any of that lol.

FYP!

Hola, amigos!  5 for me this morning- 4 with my sister, 1 more on my own.  It was in the 20's and a few snowflakes were falling.  I love seeing the snow, though it will complicate my running in about a month or so.

Met with an arborist about our tree this morning; that led to another phone call to someone else to see about a replacement estimate for our tree.  Looking forward to getting all this insurance stuff wrapped up.  Also looking forward to getting a check in the mail- at least we should get a new yard out of all of this!  (The landscaper recommended covering the whole thing with loam, since the glass is shattered and all over our yard- clean up would be pretty much impossible.)

Maybe will make gingerbread cookies this afternoon?  We'll see. 

Have a nice day, guys!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

So it appears that RA is large and in charge, for realz.

delicate flower

So it appears that RA is large and in charge, for realz.

Mucho pueblos, muchambo! 

<3