Beginners and Beyond

The Wednesdailies made me do it! (Read 310 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

morning....er AFTERNOON!  Busting my a$$ working this am (work, I know, right?)  Anyway, lazy butt here today.  Didn't make it to the gym or pool.  Meh.  Thursdays are the day to go.  AND I get to try my new WATERFI, thanks to my Baboon who got me a "get better" present - not to be confused with Hannukahmis - which is just  a short 10 days away.  HOORAY PRESENTS.

Lunch today you ask?  Leftover Sammin, black rice and carrots fresh from the farm.  YUM.

Ok, back to work.  And YOU should be working too!!

Ok, back to work.  And YOU should be working too!!

Surrre... lay on the guilt. THANKS!

Joking

runmomto3boys

MBC: Ohhh, what a good hubby!!!! Prezzies rule.

Misty: You are getting so close now!!!  I just KNOW you are going to have a great race.  I am so glad you are feeling so much better.  That was the biggest hurdle.  Your fitness is there. 18 weeks, right???  That's a lot of training.  Even though the last few weren't ideal, you are in good enough shape to hit your goal.  Besides, your inner beast comes out when you race.  I think she'll be present and accounted for this weekend!  Good luck, sweetie!

Weezer: Ohh, man, still taking the tours of colleges, then!  How exciting that ND is one of his options.  You have such a smart kiddo.

Kay: Nice job on the lunch time run!!  3+ is some good mileage mid-day!

SIAR: I'm glad you are liking Hudson's plan.  I just got the book recently. What a nice run this AM.  You call that easy??? I don't think it's even possible for me to run 5:15 pace for 10 seconds, much less all those repeats.  You are fast!  I hope the double goes well!

Amy: Great job getting in 14 already today!  That's a nice day for you!!! 

Luke: Hi there!

Kristin: Nice running with your sis this AM!  What a PAIN all that insurance/yard/tree junk is.  I am sure you'll be happy when it's all squared away.

Code and Phil: Hi, guys!!

Yoga, core and Myrtl exercises done.  What a crazy day.  Busy here!!

4 recovery miles on the treadmill plus an hour weight class for me today.

the more peeps I see here the happier I get, because I don't wanna go back to that other place.  And I don't want to spend twice as much time visiting 2 forums!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

the more peeps I see here the happier I get, because I don't wanna go back to that other place.  And I don't want to spend twice as much time visiting 2 forums!

agreed.  I like it here.  No Ads....no spammmmm.... 

runmomto3boys

agreed.  I like it here.  No Ads....no spammmmm.... 

Amen.

Code and Phil: Hi, guys!! 

Hi!

I was reluctant to leave the other forum, but all the cool kids are here. I'm like the BF third wheel, but I'm good with that.

Docket_Rocket

RMTB - I must have signed up awhile back as when I tried to create a new profile it said that my e-mail address already had account assigned to it.  I think today starts the demise of RWOL.  I knew I shouldn't have renewed my subscription to RW.  Dangnabit!

We'll be visiting a well-known college in northern Indiana this weekend.  Hint:  They'll be playing for the BCS Championship.  Oldest son scored a 30 on his ACT - but he'll probably need closer to a 36 for that school.

Is it lunchtime yet?

You came! Blush

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Man, I go and work for most of the day and you guys fill up 3 more pages?  Good job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

A year ago, I reallyreallyREALLY wanted a sub-30 5k. Really bad. Ended up getting it on New Year's Eve. Today, I ran 3.15 miles in 30 minutes. Funny how quickly some things can change in a year. It was faster than I had planned, but it felt good so I went with it. The loop around the pond ended up being about .29 mile so I ran a little over 9 laps, then finished off the 30 minutes in the parking lot. The windchill was 29* but I had brought coldweather gear with me so it wasn't bad.

runmomto3boys

A year ago, I reallyreallyREALLY wanted a sub-30 5k. Really bad. Ended up getting it on New Year's Eve. Today, I ran 3.15 miles in 30 minutes. Funny how quickly some things can change in a year. It was faster than I had planned, but it felt good so I went with it. The loop around the pond ended up being about .29 mile so I ran a little over 9 laps, then finished off the 30 minutes in the parking lot. The windchill was 29* but I had brought coldweather gear with me so it wasn't bad.

How awesome is that?!?!!?!  What incredible progress you've made within the course of a year, April!  Bravo! 

I just picked up the kindergartner.  Now, I'm off to wrap up 24 of our old Christmas books.  It's one (of many) of our Advent calendars. The boys pick one book and open it up to read each night (I cop to completely stealing this idea from some other, far more creative Mom). I think it's hilarious how the boys gasp and get all excited about these holiday books that they've seen/read a million times before. The wrapping paper makes the books special, I guess!  Sorry...totally off topic, clearly...

Jess runs for bacon

Nice April! I know you were smokin' me at BCR last week.

StepbyStep-SH

How awesome is that?!?!!?!  What incredible progress you've made within the course of a year, April!  Bravo! 

I just picked up the kindergartner.  Now, I'm off to wrap up 24 of our old Christmas books.  It's one (of many) of our Advent calendars. The boys pick one book and open it up to read each night (I cop to completely stealing this idea from some other, far more creative Mom). I think it's hilarious how the boys gasp and get all excited about these holiday books that they've seen/read a million times before. The wrapping paper makes the books special, I guess!  Sorry...totally off topic, clearly...

Neat idea! But it will be a while before we have enough Christmas books to do that. Instead, we found a neat Advent book with a little bear following the star and a different story each day that focuses on things like hope, faith and helping others. And we have an Advent calendar that is a manger scene with magnetic figures - you add a new one each night.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

FYP!

I see what you did there! Too bad I'm more fragile than glass.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Runshortii

4.6 miles at 9:33ish pace. Was going to do some core and upper body but...I have to work 3rd shift tonight so I think I'll take a nap instead! Big grin