Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and kicking the feet up (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

It is Saturday morning and I do not have to run 22 miles.    Just an hour of easy running to do later today.  Plenty of Saturday-type chores to do as well, which means in a few hours the fridge and cabinets will be fully stocked.

9.5 hours of sleep last night.  Heh.  Speaking of which, how about you all wake up already gdi.

<3

delicate flower

omg wake up.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Okay, I'm awake. A lot of good that will do because I haven't had my coffee yet.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Little Blue

I was up at 6:30.  Just finished loading my car for a painting job. Now breakfast.

Oh, and it's raining.

Cyberic

The woman is out of town so I have a busy weekend coming up taking care of the kids and everything. I will run today, sometime, some miles, somewhere.

Have a nice day!

LRB

Hi.

Mmmmm...beer

Heading out for 20 in the hurricane (not really, it's just raining here and a lil windy), wish me luck!

Blue, your gaiters should be a lil snug, otherwise they're not going to keep stuff out.  If I had known you were looking, I would have recommended Dirty Girl gaiters, they work great.  No straps, just the hook on the front and small velcro tab on the back.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Heading out for 20 in the hurricane (not really, it's just raining here and a lil windy), wish me luck!

Sheeit, we better wish the hurricane luck. lol

I'm heading out as well. It's 46 degrees but windy with gusts of 30 MPH and the wind chill is 39 (haven't used those words in forever!), so I'm going with a singlet and arm sleeves.

See ya!

cjones1

Hanging with the kids while the wife is on a shopping trip with my mom and sister.  Is it possible to actually feel money leaving my bank account? Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Woke up a bit ago.  I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good damn morning!

16 miles with it 50F.  It was foggy, raining, and a north wind that was actually cold at times.  It was awesome as hell!  It was probably the best LR I've ever had.  I felt strong, ran both big hills strong, and finished the last 3.5 getting faster.  Out of all the 14+ milers I've run (50ish), it was the fastest.  I didn't plan anything but just a strong run today, so I'm feeling pretty satisfied.  But, enough about me.

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

But, enough about me.

Said no runner ever. lol

Nice job! You have been killing it since you joined the dailies. I keep telling foo's this is the place to be.

LRB

Hanging with the kids while the wife is on a shopping trip with my mom and sister.  Is it possible to actually feel money leaving my bank account? Smile

Hilarious!

Actually, not really. lol

LRB

I ran 8. It was one of those rare occasions where I could have kept going, which is something I do not say often.

I was in a good place mentally and neither my left ass check or any other body part hurt, SAY WHAT??

Then around mile 5, I realized my singlet was on backwards.

StepbyStep-SH

9 miles on the bike trail with a friend - half in the dark. Got home to find the house empty and called DH just in time to join him and DS for breakfast across town: bacon and sausage scramble. Mmmm.

Now DS and I are going to bike the 10-12 mile round trip to the library to pick out a movie for tonight, then come home and bake chocolate chip cookies, banana muffins, and whatever else strikes our fancy. Maybe apple bread?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.