Beginners and Beyond

Lima Foxtrot 5K - Updated with ranking! RR with a new PR (LOTS of PICS!!!!) (Read 102 times)

Dad on the run.

T-rod - yes my daughter had such a good time with this. It was about a quarter mile run and she loved every minute of it. She must have really been enjoying it because she wiped out twice and just got up and kept on running.

Jack, April - thanks We really like her Smile

Docket - yes it is pretty crazy how that works out.

LRB, little blue - we get that a lot. We have been best friends since 5th grade and have went through many trials and tribulations. we get people who asks us if we are brothers and we just save ourselves the time of explanations and say yes.

dtothe2nd, sparker. - thanks.

work - Yeah, she wouldn't give up that medal for nothing. She had to take it in with her everywhere we went yesterday.

Robert - I know. It's exciting being able to go do what you love and the entire family enjoy it.

Hog4life - I still have a ways to go before I get To that point. Not to say its not going to happen though Wink

oski - I know. I was a little upset this wasn't a full 3.1 but that's ok. we have 2 races coming up next month. However the Firestone is a 5k but I will be pacing my friend for his 5K debut. The second race will be my 10k debut.

bin - yes she is Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

Wow, sub-26 already!  You have made amazing progress this spring!  Congrats to the whole family, the kids' race was especially adorable.  How could your daughter not grow up to be a runner now?

Good luck to your friends next month!

Dad on the run.

Zel -thanks. I really hope she does. We are putting her in tball next year and I hope ahe enjoys it. I really want her to grow up and not really know anything different other than to stay active. I dont want her to be a couch potato game junkie like her dad was growing up.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

The good thing is, she's not growing up with couch potato Jimmy, she's growing up with runner Jimmy!  I think the same thing about my daughter.  She hasn't really found a sport that she loves yet, but she does eat really healthy these days.  She grew up with obese Mom & Dad and we have only been making better food choices the past few years, but she has really taken to it!  And now she just marvels at how many of her friends don't have fresh fruits and vegetables at home or who eat sandwiches that are just dripping with mayo.

Zel -thanks. I really hope she does. We are putting her in tball next year and I hope ahe enjoys it. U really want her to grow up and not really know anything different other than ti stay active. I dont want her to be a couch potato game junkie like her dad was growing up.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow, you're looking so sleek these days!  It's fun that you have friend and family getting involved with the running too...I'm sure you're an inspiration.  Regardless of how long the course was, you did an awesome job.  To run your fastest ever mile in mile one and then not fall apart shows just how much your fitness is improving.  Congrats.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

GinnyinPA

Great RR.  Sounds like a fun day all around.  And yes, your daughter is adorable.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats on a fast race! Bummer about the short course Sad. But oh my goodness what amazing pictures!!! Your family is so wonderful. I love love love the pictures of your daughter running the kids race! She looks so happy! Congrats to your whole running family!!! Way to go! By the way how did your wife do?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Kristin - she did well. She ran it in 40:00. She woke up feeling pretty bad though with a headache and nausea. so even feeling icky she managed to keep the same pace as her last race.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Congratulations, Jimmy!  You, your wife and your DD all did terrific!   Your legs look soooooo strong in those finish pictures.  Great pictures of everyone also!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dad on the run.

She Can - Thanks! I rarely take the time to really notice my legs so when I was going through the pictures and saw some of the finish lines I was like "Hey babe!? My legs really look like that" Her reply was like "yes love, your legs are fine as hell" and I'm all like "Hell yea they are!" Tongue lol. Seriously though, they have really changed since I have started cross training. I do this leg workout that has my legs sore for the next 2 days after I'm done, but I can really tell its helped me with my running. Also, I have been running in these minimal shoes for several weeks now and I'm just now getting to where my calves don't cuss me out...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

B-Plus

I love that kids race and medals! That darn running bug is so contagious.

Dad on the run.

I know! My daughter really seemed to enjoy it as well but her shoes are getting to small. I swore I would never pay more than 30 or so bucks for a pair of kids shoes because their feet grow so fast but I am going to get her a pair of New Balance minimus this weekend.... they are like 60 bucks. But if my daughter is going to run then daddy is going to make sure she has a good pair of shoes on her feet. Might as well start her off with something minimal since kids have such a natural front foot strike anyways. No point is screwing that up with big bulky shoes. Wink

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

B-Plus

Here's an old article from Running Times which, in part, discusses minimalist shoes for children:

http://m.runnersworld.com/barefoot-running-minimalism/growing-shod?page=single

I'm not saying it's right or wrong ... just for your interest.

Congrats I your run!  I love all of your pictures.  It is so nice that your family and friends come out to support you.  Super sweet the your entire family raced.  Smile

Dad on the run.

From what I read of this article, I skimmed through it last night is that it pretty much states how I already feel about the situation. As the old saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Here's an old article from Running Times which, in part, discusses minimalist shoes for children:

http://m.runnersworld.com/barefoot-running-minimalism/growing-shod?page=single

I'm not saying it's right or wrong ... just for your interest.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.