Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES and the leaky faucet (Read 44 times)

LRB

It would drive some insane, but I am not bothered by it. Nope, the slow, intermittent drip serves as a reminder that all is well within my world.

Now, if it was a constant drip, then we'd have to talk.

LRB

I'm heading out.

What up doe?

bluerun

Super B****

5.5... somehow, I very highly doubt that my average HR during my first (slow!) mile was 179.  But sure.

I'm supposed to race 18 miles on Sunday?  With these legs?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

No more marathons

5.5... somehow, I very highly doubt that my average HR during my first (slow!) mile was 179.  But sure.

I'm supposed to race 18 miles on Sunday?  With these legs?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Cadence lock?

I'm thinking of racing 5K on Sunday and feel the same. (On these legs??)

4 easy today is on the schedule.  It's still in the low 80's at noon.  Where's fall?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I ran 5 in 55 F.

Good luck Sunday. What kind of race distance is that? Is it tied to the NYCM?

bluerun

Super B****

Cadence lock?

I'm thinking of racing 5K on Sunday and feel the same. (On these legs??)

4 easy today is on the schedule.  It's still in the low 80's at noon.  Where's fall?

Hmm, interesting... I'll have to overlay the graphs to check.  For curiosity's sake!

Can we switch?  I'd rather race a 5K. 

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 5 in 55 F.

Good luck Sunday. What kind of race distance is that? Is it tied to the NYCM?

That is too cold.

Yes, it's the 18 Mile Tuneup.  Three laps of Central Park.  And you know how much I ADORE running in Central Park. /s

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

8 miles in 48 degrees (when I left home). I wore my long sleeves Boston official race shirt. Don't get to wear it often: most of the year it's either too warm or too cold for that shirt.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I ran 0 in 90F.  Flying out tonight.  Between work and flying, I won't have time to run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, I hit the track early this morning..... and let me just say that onemile you are right - these workouts do suck, they suck the life out of you.

And I made it even worse by screwing up the 1st interval/mile after the 2 mile warm up, I thought I was running it at 10k goal pace, I really did.... but a 6:25mm pace is my 5k goal pace damn it ! And then what was supposed to be a half mile recovery before starting the stupid 5x800m intervals was a bit faster than intended, as I wasn't sure why I had picked 2 laps instead of 1.....

Let's just say that after that, my legs and head were pretty shot...........

The workout

Time                Pace

2 mile warm up -       17:59                 9:00 mm

1 mile at goal pace -  6:24.5               6:25 mm

.5 mile Recovery   -   3:52.9               7:46 mm

.5 mile Hard        -      3:16.0               6:32 mm

.25 mile Recovery -   2:13.0               8:52 mm

.5 mile Hard      -        3:18.6               6:37 mm

.25 mile Recovery -   2:14.1               8:56 mm

.5 mile Hard           -   3:16.9               6:34 mm

.25 mile Recovery  -  2:08.0               8:32 mm

.5 mile Hard           -   3:20.7               6:41 mm

.25 mile Recovery  -  2:11.2               8:45 mm

.5   mile Hard       -     3:10.9               6:22 mm

.25 mile Recovery -   2:05.9               8:24 mm

.5 mile cool down.... my legs were jello after this workout AND I got a headache now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Well, I hit the track early this morning..... and let me just say that onemile you are right - these workouts do suck, they suck the life out of you.

And I made it even worse by screwing up the 1st interval/mile after the 2 mile warm up, I thought I was running it at 10k goal pace, I really did.... but a 6:25mm pace is my 5k goal pace damn it ! And then what was supposed to be a half mile recovery before starting the stupid 5x800m intervals was a bit faster than intended, as I wasn't sure why I had picked 2 laps instead of 1.....

Let's just say that after that, my legs and head were pretty shot...........

The workout

Time                Pace

.5 mile cool down.... my legs were jello after this workout AND I got a headache now.

Nice. 6:25 is my goal 5k pace too.

And your average pace of 7:40 for 7 miles makes me think your 10k PR is incredibly soft

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nice. 6:25 is my goal 5k pace too.

And your average pace of 7:40 for 7 miles makes me think your 10k PR is incredibly soft

Probably, that race had horrible amounts/miles of concrete which my shins hate, then the heat, humidity and sun affected me. But I had also only done like 2 or 3 speed workouts before it. Give me a 10k in cold weather and more asphalt roads, and we both might be surprised lol.

It's weird, on the track I can run an easy pace of around 8:30 mm but on the road it feels weirder, harder.... like mentally harder and of course the pounding of the road.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

delicate flower

WHAT IT DO RUNNERS!  rofl

Today's training schedule calls for a two (yes, two) mile jog.  It's killing me to be so uncertain about how my HM will go tomorrow.  I put myself in the 1:28-1:45 window.  Really, I have no idea.  It's been five months since I did a race where all I had to do was run.  I don't know where my pure running speed is after coming out of all that triathlon crap this summer.  I've become a stronger triathlon runner but I don't know how that's going to translate to a HM.  Anyway, the weather will be a touch warm (60) but the dew point will be in the mid-50's.  I figure the temps+dew point might cost us a minute.  cool story bro

<3

Cyberic

The workout

Time                Pace

Great workout! Now take one or two rest/easy days before you do another workout.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great workout! Now take one or two rest/easy days before you do another workout.

Tomorrow will be my easy day, I've got my LR on Sunday........ which might be pretty slow lol.

PRs