Beginners and Beyond

Track Tuesdailies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

As the Hansons veterans probably recall, Tuesday is track day.  My workout today was 4 x 1.5 miles at a pace 10 seconds/mile faster than HM pace, with 800m recovery jogs.  40º and the sun just coming up - in other words near-ideal conditions.  I hit my target pace for all 4 intervals and it would have been a great run overall had I not forgotten the Body Glide and wound up with moderately uncomfortable chafing on my inner thighs.  11 miles in total, just over 50 for the 7-day rolling total.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

6.33  :   5 dirt with bumps... saw one of the bald eagles leave their nest to go get breakfast. The tree the nest is in is only 40 yards off the trail.

then 1.33 roadcrown hill.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have 7 and weights.

Dad's GF is getting her vaccine today. My dad was supposed to as well but being in the hospital and all, they told him they can't even try. Glad she is getting it as they are letting her inside the room during his stay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 with strides this morning. Trying to figure out the elementary school schedule, if I run early enough, I think I can still use the parking lot.

DH's work sent him a ltter that they believe he is group 1C, so I was able to make an appointment for him to get vaccine 1 on Thursday. Big relief. While he won't be fully vaccinated, a friend of his & someone else are driving up from GA likely next week to take some heavy equipment from his mom's house. I'm guessing they are spending the night at our place, so I feel better about it.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'm 1C and my wife just snagged me an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Docket_Rocket

I'm 1C and my wife just snagged me an appointment for tomorrow morning.

And not 74 miles away?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

And not 74 miles away?

Nope - 6.8 miles away.  I could run there, but tomorrow's a rest day, and why inflict my sweaty stinky self on the kind people dispensing the shots?

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran by the Walgreens where DH's shot is scheduled this morning. It's less than 1.5 miles away.

8 miles. Had all my lights on, but only needed them for about the first 15 minutes. Enjoying it while it lasts.

Dave

delicate flower

Hello!  My two tracks are still covered in snow and ice.  Stupid winter.  Dare I say, it looks like winter might be over.  Now we just need that shit to melt.  Anyway, I swam 2500 yards early this morning and will run after work.

Currently in meeting #6 of 12 today.

<3

Cyberic

RD

GinnyinPA

Hello!  My two tracks are still covered in snow and ice.  Stupid winter.  Dare I say, it looks like winter might be over.  Now we just need that shit to melt.  Anyway, I swam 2500 yards early this morning and will run after work.

Currently in meeting #6 of 12 today.

They must be short meetings. Have fun.

sdWhiskers

4 miles.

Half day in lab, half day wfh.

GinnyinPA

I ran 9 easy miles from town to home. 63 and overcast made for a comfortable run.

Docket_Rocket

It was windy and my lower back and knee were hurting so I did 3 and then some pilates to stretch. Hope that helps. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page