Beginners and Beyond

Show me something interesting (Read 148 times)

Mostly harmless

On your next run, take a picture of something and post it here.  If you are adamant about not carrying a phone or a small camera, then take a picture either right before or right after your run.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Hip Redux

Do bike rides count?  Big grin  My route today takes me by one of my favorite vistas!

Mostly harmless

Do bike rides count?  Big grin  My route today takes me by one of my favorite vistas!

Sure!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Village people

Smile

Village people

Sorry, I'm teasing. Here is a pic that DH took yesterday.

Trail bunny from saturday's hell's hills race.

8' tall. poor guy has some small junk Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

@runjerseygirl

Not exactly "interesting," but the sunrise coming through the trees was so pretty that I had to stop and take a picture during my LR yesterday. This is the first time I've done that.

Do you even run?

happylily

LOL...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mostly harmless

From today's run at the C&O Canal.  I don't get to run here very often but I skipped my runs last weekend to get some work done around the house so I rewarded myself with 10 miles on the trail today.  In some parts of the park the canal is still full of water.  In others it has been empty long enough for some pretty big trees to grow in.  The canal is on the left side of the trail and the Potomac river is through the trees on the right.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's just freaking creepy man, are those pinks stripe things on it's face supposed to be ears?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I guess.

That's just freaking creepy man, are those pinks stripe things on it's face supposed to be ears?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Hip Redux

Ok , this isn't the original photo I thought of when I went out for my bike ride, but it's more interesting.  Smile

Down the street from me there is an open field, and for the entire 8 years I have lived here, it has had a bike sitting on a post.   I have no idea why.  In fact, about three years ago, the bike was so disintegrated it finally fell off in a pile of rust.... within a few days, another was up.   I pass it almost every day, and I always check to make sure it's there!

Any guesses?  Big grin

happylily

Ok , this isn't the original photo I thought of when I went out for my bike ride, but it's more interesting.  Smile

Down the street from me there is an open field, and for the entire 8 years I have lived here, it has had a bike sitting on a post.   I have no idea why.  In fact, about three years ago, the bike was so disintegrated it finally fell off in a pile of rust.... within a few days, another was up.   I pass it almost every day, and I always check to make sure it's there!

Any guesses?  Big grin

Also creepy!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Creepy, interesting... same difference Big grin

Docket_Rocket

This is me, enjoying the wonderful shade that Miami can provide during my run:

And just like LRB said, that the Miami sun takes the whole sky, this is how:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page