Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Sit, Stand, Walk or Run (Read 38 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

I choose D, reluctantly at this point.  Maybe some coffee will help....

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi ho. Hi ho. It is off to run I go. Stomach was bad this am. Will try now.

Marjorie

B-Plus

Coffee now.

Crap, I have my first 20.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I topped off August week 4 with 11 miles this morning, I believe that is my longest training run yet and I am wiped Sleepy  1:50:48 with an average pace of 10:04 min/mile, not bad.

I think Dorian has been having night terrors here in the last couple of days, he'll wake from a deep sleep crying and screaming, and it take DH and I 10-20 minutes to calm him down and back to sleep which leads to a sleepless night for me as this will happen 2-3 times throughout the night.

I am going to take it easy today, relax... have a beer and play with my son..... and maybe some cleaning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. SRD for me. I get to take care of DD this morning while DW sleeps in a bit. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Good morning!  Today's workout was 2 tempo miles at 11:27 with 800 recovery between.  At a lovely average of 55F I nailed them 11:25 and 11:02.  Now that it's cooling down a bit, I feel like I'm making a little progress.

MTA: Wildlife report:  Again, no rabbits.  Second run in a row with a zero in the rabbit column.  Strange.  I did see a heron, a flock of turkeys and another fowl to be identified later - a guinea hen or a partridge or something similar.  Must get better at IDing birds.

Happy running!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  18 miles with the last 8 @ MP.  It was 95F and 77DP no matter that I started the run at 5:30 (90F/77DP then).  I hate August.

Either way, the run was hard but it was strong.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, in around two hours, I get to FE with Kristin!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

It's been a very busy last couple of days.  My Mom was out for a visit and so we did some golfing and shopping.  She also helped us with (yet more) tomato harvest and processing.  We now have 16 cups of homemade enchilada sauces canned up.

Yesterday, we drove out to the valley to have a mini-family reunion and then I took her back home to the coast.  I spent the night so I can head out today for my 20 miler along the coastal trail, which I'm looking forward to.  Just have to finish up my coffee and out I go.  I should have been out there already, but I slept in.

Damaris and Kristin -- Have fun at your FE today.

Life is good.

LRB

14 miles done, ugh!

Despite an easy pace, that was a really tough run, mostly mental.  It started of at 69 degrees, but by the halfway point, it was 79 degrees.  No, not southern states hot, but hot to me.

My quads were really feeling it those last 4 miles as well, and I really had to dig deep to complete the stupid thing!  Mentally, I never got into it and physically, I was feeling the effects of yesterday's workout throughout it.

As a result, I am sore all over, and right now just want to curl up into a ball with my thumb in my mouth, and sing myself to sleep.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

It's Sunday, and a new week begins!

After a slow start, 3.5 miles done, easy pace. A recovery run after yesterday's long run. Felt pretty good out there. All those aches and pains from yesterday afternoon seem to have subsided. Although, I could tell that I wasn't going to be able to go very fast. But that's OK - I didn't want to go fast anyway.

Nice runs, everybody. FS, yea on the new training distance.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Andrea, great job on the PB distance.

Waiting for Kristin to text me that she is already in Miami to meet for lunch.  I am starving!  Don't tell her, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

As a result, I am sore all over, and right now just want to curl up into a ball with my thumb in my mouth, and sing myself to sleep.

Instead, I am going to head to the movies, and try to eat and drink up every one of the 1934 calories that Garmin says I burned!

Today's feature; Elysium.

Hi dailies:

Rick - isn't D always the answer, or is that C?  Good run today.

Marjorie - wishing you a well-behaved stomach

B+ - crap before 20 is always a good plan

Free - congrats on 11, hope your little guy sleeps better

Burrn - enjoy the day off

D - great run again the the jungle air, have fun meeting Kristin

OOTB - tomatoes and LRs, excellent things both

Tom - glad the aches have subsided

After a bunch of much-needed rest, today is the day for the big chunk of MP miles LR.  Getting close to time to race here (*not* one of the Florida Keys, believe it or not)!

presque isle