Beginners and Beyond

No rest for the wicked SUNDAILIES (Read 217 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

seems lots of kiddos kept you all up late. Alcohol kept me up late. Ugh. Way too much beer. My knee hurts really bad today. I wish I didn't go for that run yesterday. Grumble grumble. I want coffee but the kureig is so. far. away. lol....who wants to come over and make it for me and my whiny ass?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Phil, you crack me up. Enjoy your super exciting bachelor weekend Smile

I was smart today and went for a bike ride instead of running. It was nice to move without pain. Got 9.5 miles in, and was super proud of myself to make it up this one hill without stopping, I've never done that before. I'll be doing some ITB rehab in a little bit, I've missed that the past few days. But first, food. Me hungry.

Nevrgivup

6 miles of rolling hills recovery paced. I look forward to a relaxing Sunday. Have a great day peeps. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

lilac jive you too with ITB? I thought you had a different injury. Why so many of us??

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!

Good luck to all the racers this morning!!  Run like the wind!

Sounds like many of you have some serious miles on tap for today.  May they be Pinktabulous!!

I'm actually kinda sore from my first day of exercise in more than a week (yesterday).   I ran 8 and change in the morning and played 2 hockey games last night.   I think the soreness is more from hockey since I was sick for last week's game and we were off for the holidays the week before so it had been 3 weeks between games for me.   I'm looking for 4-6 EASY in a bit.

Whether you're injured, resting, or running, may today be one of those Pinksational days that you wish would last forever!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Jess runs for bacon

lilac jive you too with ITB? I thought you had a different injury. Why so many of us??

It all started with ITB. Poor decision making has turned it into something else I think. I'll hopefully find out on Tuesday. In the meantime, I'll keep with the ITB rehab because I've always had ITB issues and it reallly seems to be working. I think I have done some internal damage to my knee and hip though.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

oh no Sad

It all started with ITB. Poor decision making has turned it into something else I think. I'll hopefully find out on Tuesday. In the meantime, I'll keep with the ITB rehab because I've always had ITB issues and it reallly seems to be working. I think I have done some internal damage to my knee and hip though.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hello you crazy coffee fiends. I'm thinking I may take a RD today since I gave my race a pretty hard effort yesterday. I hit my mileage for the week already anyway, so I see no need to push it given that I'm doing a 20 week plan and have a long way to go. I also reserve the right to completely change my mind about this, perhaps within the next 10 minutes ha.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Shakedown Street

10 slow and easy

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

LRB

10 miles @ 9:15

And a flock of turkeys blocking one of the roads in the park.

@runjerseygirl

Those things scare me.  They can be nasty, and I never want to be on the wrong end of the crazy claw thing they have.  Yikes!

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

whoa LRB that's nuts! I've seen a lone wild turkey before but never a flock

Zelanie

Morning!  I think I'm taking a URD just to be overly cautious.  My right knee/hammy just feels a little sore after my LR yesterday, and while it would *probably* feel better after a warm up, there's no point in risking next week's miles just for some junk miles today, I think.  It seems that the mileage I can handle now that I'm following a plan is a bit less than when I was just running easy miles in Dec., but I guess that makes sense.  And the important thing is the long-term, right?

CrisRuns

3.5 miles running, 5 miles total.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

10 miles @ 9:15

And a flock of turkeys blocking one of the roads in the park.

You see turkeys, I see dinner!

Coffee's done, I'm up and taking nourishment! I might tangle with the weights for a bit before getting ready for work.

Rumor has it that D might have finished the goofy marathon, but I don't know for certain. Anxiously awaiting more information!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54