Beginners and Beyond

No rest for the wicked SUNDAILIES (Read 217 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi, guys!!! DH is driving us back to Miami and I have to charge my iPhone so I'll be brief.

Tom was right.  Rumor has it that:

I finished the Goofy again

I almost PRd today (missed it by 10 seconds)

there are more rumors but you'll have to wait for the RR.

Congrats, Damaris!

I have not checked results for you or Tomas. I like the suspense of waiting for the race reports to come out. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Turkeys? Peacocks? Pfft. Geese can be really vicious critters.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Umm, I lied - I ran.  *sigh*  I thought I'd go do my 3miles easy, 3miles hard, 3miles easy workout that was scheduled.  However, after the first 3 miles, I noticed that my easy pace was about 20 seconds slower than it usually is.  With that in mind, I just did 11.5 easy miles to give myself 80 miles for the week

Just Beth or BS...What are you talking about?  You're my very favorite person to talk to!  Great job with being smart and adapting your training to how you felt.  That's an awesome pace you were holding too!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...Sorry those 21 were tough given the conditions, but that still has to be a great confidence boost for you to get that many miles in.  So much for my rest day ha.

Step...Hope you had a nice time at church and Sunday school.  I really prefer to go on Sundays, but sometimes I have to do Saturday when I'm scheduled to read.  Definitely take your time getting back from that bug...wouldn't want to have to deal with it again!

Docket...looking forward to hearing all about it!

Scotty...You running machine you!  So much for that taking it easy huh?  I'm glad you had such a nice run.  Your trail looks awesome.

Just B.S.

Umm, I lied - I ran.  *sigh*  I thought I'd go do my 3miles easy, 3miles hard, 3miles easy workout that was scheduled.  However, after the first 3 miles, I noticed that my easy pace was about 20 seconds slower than it usually is.  With that in mind, I just did 11.5 easy miles to give myself 80 miles for the week

Just Beth or BS...What are you talking about?  You're my very favorite person to talk to!  Great job with being smart and adapting your training to how you felt.  That's an awesome pace you were holding too!

Wow! 80 miles awesome! Your running is going so well lately, 2013 is good to be good to you.

SIAR, you are sweet. Of course you know I"m just teasing. Pretty soon you are going to one of those

elites and I can say I knew you "when"!Cool

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Kristin101...Sounds like you had quite the night!  Those are good every once in a while too.

Lilac...Nice job on the bike ride.  I was shocked when I first started riding how some hills I could run easier than I could bike.  Live and learn with the injuries and prevention, right?

Nevergiveup...Looks like a nice recovery run for you.  Enjoy your Sunday.

Pinktastic...Good luck with the easy miles.  Hopefully they'll flush out some of the soreness.  Glad you got back to your hockey too.

Jneilt...Hope the 10 went well today after your race yesterday.

LRB...You're doing some great mileage again!  That must feel good.  I think those turkeys would have scared me.

Zelanie...Sounds like you're being smart.  This is a big difference between just running easy miles vs. having quality days and easy days.  You'll adapt over time.

Cris...Great work with the running and total mileage.

Tom...Hope those weights went well.  I wish you all would stop posting about your weight work - makes me realize what a slouch I've been with my own.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow! 80 miles awesome! Your running is going so well lately, 2013 is good to be good to you.

SIAR, you are sweet. Of course you know I"m just teasing. Pretty soon you are going to one of those

elites and I can say I knew you "when"!Cool

It is going well, which totally scares me to death and makes me wonder when the shoe is going to drop!  I hope you're right about this being a good year, not just for me, but all these good folks.  I don't think elite will be happening, but if I do a good job of cherry picking my races, I might have some fun haha.

So_Im_a_Runner, sacrilege! Seriously, of all the things about which to fib...you're more than OK. Great mileage! Someday, I hope to build up to that.

CrisRuns

Thank you, Basya. How did your super-long run feel?

CrisRuns, it SUCKED. 98% humidity. After 11.0 miles, my clothes were so wet from my sweat and the humidity, serious as if I were running with several poundlead lead strapped to my body. I don't remember any other run feeling so uncomfortable.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Just over 10.5 done this morning, then went shopping with my RP. We went to the outlet mall here and they have a fun little General Store where I bought a vidalia onion vinaigrette, yum.

Now I'm roasting red peppers for hummus and salads.

LRB

Baysa, I haven't been running long, but I don't have anything good to say about any of my 20+ mile training runs except they are over!

Scotty, turkey vultures?  That is creepy.  Zoom!

Lilac, K & K, I expect you ladies to do something other than running this week.  Kay?  No, Kay that's you too!

Boon, enjoy your you time!

Tom, dinner?  Funny!

Beth, nice run!

Zel, good call on the cut back!

Nice running SIAR, April, & Cris!

To all those with runs rock 'em, and those with rest, do it like a bum!

@runjerseygirl

Baysa, I haven't been running long, but I don't have anything good to say about any of my 20+ mile training runs except they are over!

Scotty, turkey vultures?  That is creepy.  Zoom!

Lilac, K & K, I expect you ladies to do something other than running this week.  Kay?  No, Kay that's you too!

Boon, enjoy your you time!

Tom, dinner?  Funny!

Beth, nice run!

Zel, good call on the cut back!

Nice running SIAR, April, & Cris!

To all those with runs rock 'em, and those with rest, do it like a bum!

But I wanna run! :temper tantrum:  crying3

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

Okay, okay.  No running this week.  I only have until next Tuesday before I go back to the ortho.  I'll figure something else out.

Do you even run?

LRB

It is tough, I know, I am coming back myself.  The question one must ask is do they want to get it right now during the cold dreary off-season, or have it linger into Spring or possibly longer when races and beautiful days are plentiful.

Sometimes a couple of days will suffice.  Other times it's a couple of weeks.  Or, if you have my luck, it could be a couple of months.

Whatever the case, the number one priority is getting healed so that you can run, not hope that you can.