Beginners and Beyond

No rest for the wicked SUNDAILIES (Read 217 times)

Rick, thank you for empathizing.

(((Kay)))

I've rested. I've had another Greek-style yogurt (Chobani blood orange, yum). Now, I'm off to eat brunch. I'm craving red meat, specifically lamb. I'll have to settle for beef.

@runjerseygirl

It is tough, I know, I am coming back myself.  The question one must ask is do they want to get it right now during the cold dreary off-season, or have it linger into Spring or possibly longer when races and beautiful days are plentiful.

Sometimes a couple of days will suffice.  Other times it's a couple of weeks.  Or, if you have my luck, it could be a couple of months.

Whatever the case, the number one priority is getting healed so that you can run, not hope that you can.

Okay, I promise I won't run this week.  Damn you and your insight.  tongue-out

Do you even run?

runmomto3boys

Basya: What a run!  And in that humidity????  You killed it!

17.4 miles, easy, done at 8:28 pace. It was a pretty fantastic run, actually. I forgot what a difference actually running your recovery days at recovery pace makes on the quality days. I finished up the week with 80.1 miles and healthy. It was a good week!  Training starts tomorrow.

Hi dailies, lots of coffee goin' on this AM...

Baboon - enjoy the bachelor weekend

Rick - those turkeys look like dinner waiting to happen

Basya - great distance, in poor conditions

Scotty - nice, more dinner on legs

Heidi - great run and great weekly total

18.3 today, 7:04 pace.  Almost 60 degrees and dry in January, amazing day to run.

Last night I did 10 with 10x strides shortly after DW and I heard coyotes in the area -- she was worried.  I think a whole day of reassuring her that they won't attack me has helped a little. Someone's dog did go for a few hundred meters with me today in the park, all the while the owner trying to catch and leash it.  He almost did a face plant in some wet leaves and I managed to keep a serious face on until I was well past them.

runmomto3boys

Jay:  What a run!   Well done!  Watch out for those coyotes - eeekkk!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Had a pretty successful recovery run today. Was going to only run 3-4 miles but ran with a couple friends whom I have never run with before  instead. They had me running faster than I probably should have but it felt good. Then I did a dvd yoga workout with DD2 which kicked my butt because I am not bendy nor do I have upper body strength. But I am working on it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Damaris, congrats!!

Scotty, awesome pics. Loved the pic of the buck.. so cool.

I got 7 rain soaked miles in. Winter running game.. cha-ching!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SHIRFAN...that's a great run! I've got a couple LRs at pace this cycle. I've never done them before and am a little nervous as to how they will go without race adrenalin.

RMT3B...great run and week for you! I beat ya by .1 miles for the week ha. You do way more miles generally though.

BERTHA...very good day for you. Stretching yourself like that with faster friends can really help. Sometimes you surprise yourself.

CODE...nice job getting out for the rainy 7.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

AprilRunner, running and shopping sound heavenly.

Heidi, thank youSmile Great run, yourself. I hope that I'll be able to run like you, someday.

Lori, excellent job running and doing flexibility/strength work today.

c0derunner, awesome seven-miler.

i just finished a foot-long hot dog, a side of beef fry, and a side of onion rings. I feel goodSmile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

AprilRunner, running and shopping sound heavenly.

Heidi, thank youSmile Great run, yourself. I hope that I'll be able to run like you, someday.

Lori, excellent job running and doing flexibility/strength work today.

c0derunner, awesome seven-miler.

i just finished a foot-long hot dog, a side of beef fry, and a side of onion rings. I feel goodSmile

Beef fry? Do explain - sounds like something I could get down with.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sounds like so many of you had great runs today!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Pinktastic

OMG!  You guys are killing your runs today!  Way to go!!

I checked the weather before I dressed for my run.  Temperature was 34 so I opted to save my one long sleeve tech shirt for Tuesday when it's supposed to be in the mid 20s.   I ran 6.51 of my fastest miles ever (averaged 10:07) and returned a Popsicle - the wind chill was 23 with 19 mph winds!  That's pretty freaking chilly in these parts!!

Have a Pinklightful Sunday evening all!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic, you flew through those 6.51!

SIAR, beef fry is a beef alternative to bacon.

Chairman

Did 10 in 1:12:31. This wound up being a fartlek type thing. Threw in around 8 surges ranging from about 100 to 300 meters at around 5 min/mile, and ran the last half mile progressively hard.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Better I Leave

8.5 miles today around Lake Tabeaud...Tore me up. This was my first time out at the lake since last fall. The trail was a mix of ice, mud, and horse manure...ugh. Needless to say, I didn't make good time and I'm feeling it too. Average pace of around 10:04 (I'll have to verify once I download the Garmin).