Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Oscar WeekendDailies (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  Looks like we will run outside today.

Careful on the ice, Southern Pengs !!!

tracilynn

I need 10 today but waiting for the solid sheet of ice to melt. Supposed to have bad Tstorms later. WTF. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I need 10 today but waiting for the solid sheet of ice to melt. Supposed to have bad Tstorms later. WTF. 

Get on the TM. You are doing great so keep it up!

Hi Pens.

URD for me. I'm trying to give this tendon/ankle thing a good rest. Dang it. I hate missing workouts.

tracilynn

I can't get get to a treadmill due to ice! Ha. I don't think I could do 10 on a treadmill even if the roads were driveable.

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Morning all. 4.6 this morning. 65 at the start 50 at the finish. I wasn't expecting the cold front this early and wasn't dressed for it. It wasn't the temp but the wind. Frozen fingers!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looks like Kristin is having fun in Orlando.

PADRunner

I can't get get to a treadmill due to ice! Ha. I don't think I could do 10 on a treadmill even if the roads were driveable.

From the Internet.

12 miles on the treadmill done. My legs are tired. Hunting down something for breakfast, heading home to shower and then help husband with snow/ice on the roof.

tracilynn

^^ LOL ha. Thats perfect.  Need a little upside down drip bottle hanging by it filled with beer and I'll be SET

~~~~~~~

Traci

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jack, sorry about your continued ankle troubles, sending good thoughts your way.

Tracilynn, stay safe in getting those miles in.

Jerry, I hope you have a lovely outdoor run.

PAD, nice running.  Enjoy the taper!

Lauren, nice running on the treadmill!  Wishing you good luck on your ice problem.

AFM - running rest day.  Yoga scheduled, but I'm worried that between the gym workout on Thursday and yesterday's 20 miles, I won't be able to hold any positions!  (a whole lotta sore muscles this morning).  So I might skip it and do housework this morning.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Saturday, folks.  I got 4 done earlier this morning.  It's warming up nicely for us today.  Ready for that!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 7 with hubby this morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Jerry - have fun on your outdoor run.  Did you get much snow?

Traci - I hope the ice melts so you can get out.

Jack - keep resting.  Did you see a doctor or PT about your tendinitis?

PAD - at least when it got colder, you were warmed up already.

Lauren - good luck with the snow removal.  Nice job on the TM miles.

Brilliant - I hope the yoga goes well.  It should help loosen you up a bit.  Maybe go for a walk beforehand, to loose and warm your muscles.

Robert - it's nice to know it's spring somewhere.

DR -  good run with DH.  Have a good weekend.

Scotty - hope your race went well.

AFM:  9 on the TM after lunch.  It's snowing steadily (3-5 inches expected, only an inch on the ground so far) so not a good day to run outdoors.  We had a hard time hearing cars coming up behind us when we were walking Ben because of all the layers over our ears and visibility ahead was bad with the snow in our face.  The snow is supposed to turn to rain tomorrow, so I'm not sure I'll get outside then either. The streets are going to be a mess.

hog4life

Traci, I managed to drive home last night, and to work this morning without issues. There were a lot of cars and trucks in the ditches though.

If it's not STORMING when I get home, I will try to run a few after work.