Beginners and Beyond

Here We Go Again: SUNDAILIES (Read 250 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Morning! I'm looking longingly out our apartment window at Hudson River park. I just want to run on that path so badly, but my knee still hurts. The view is still awesome though. This morning you couldn't see the top of WTC because of the fog.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Far too many sick and injured people, hope you all get better soon!!!

12 miles @ 8:40/mile done early this morning, we'll call it a long recovery run, legs are a lil heavy from the race yesterday.  Have a busy day planned, so I dragged my butt out of bed at o dark thirty, which I hate doing on the weekends.

Hope everyone has a great day! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

runmomto3boys

Basya: I hope the 10 go well today!

LRB: Good morning!

Sparker: Have a good 5 miler!

Kay: I'm glad to hear the foot is on the mend.

Phil: Uggghhhh.   I am so sorry to hear about the knee and the fact that it is still swollen/painful.  Cry

Kristin: Shoot - the pain is back???  Uggh.  I am sorry.  I hope the RICE offers you some relief.

Tom: I hope the 8 w/speed work go well.

Beth: Enjoy those dozen this AM!  I am happy you re-discovered how much you enjoy swimming too.  That is wonderful!

Robert: You deserve the zzzzs after that race!

Damaris: I hope you feel better.

Lilac: I'm sorry the knee is still bugging you - boo.

D2: What a great 12 miler on the heels of that blazing fast race!

I am going to try running outside provided the ice melts when the sun hits today since my IT band has been feeling better (two days w/no pain). If it is slippery at all, though, I'm going to the track. I would like to run 15, but I am not sure if I will be able to run that far. My legs are pretty trashed from all the miles/the pace of those miles that I've done this week. It might be one of those days where I run 10. Regardless, I am at 60.5 for the week, so I will be THRILLED with that.

Kay, I'm glad that your foot felt OK. I hope this is the beginning of a recovery. I know what you mean by tired; my hips occasionally feel that way.

Scott, AprilRunner, Just B.S., Tom, Robert, Heidi, enjoy your runs.

Baboon, ouch! I don't blame you for feeling grumpy. I hope the pain goes away soon.

kristin10185, I hope that your knee trouble stops ASAP.

Damaris, I hope you feel well soon and have a pleasant run tonight.

lilac_jive, I hope that, soon, you'll be able to safely give in to the urge and have fun running again.

Dave, great job on the twelve!

10.25 miles done in 1:45:40. 10:19 pace. It felt so nice to be back outdoors. The local commons were clear, except for an approximately two-feet long, slightly icy patch, over which I gently stepped. I did a few loops around that. My mile splits were 11:15, 10:48, 10:28, 10:36, 10:30, 10:13, 10:10, 9:58, 9:50, and 9:33. My last .25 mile was at 9:27. Right now, I have my feet up and am wearing toe separators. AaahSmile

happylily

Phil, I'm so sorry about the accident! I hope you heal fast. It really sucks...

I read there was some awesome running yesterday but did not have time to comment. I will come back later to read about all of your exploits, after I finish painting my DS's bedroom. He wants a more "grown-up" look and the pretty butterflies I painted on his walls 7 years ago have to disappear (I don't blame him. He's turning 15 this week!:-)).

17 miles GA, at a relatively even 8:11 pace. Would have done more but my sis is coming to the house to help me paint and I have to wash and change. Talk to you all later!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

9.05 done. We had originally planned to run the towpath but we got there and it was a sheet of ice. Tried muddling through it and it wasn't getting any clearer so we turned around and ran through town. 9 miles through our town isn't terribly easy without repeating some roads, but we managed to do it, woohoo! Stopped at a bagel place afterward for bagels and coffee, then walked back to my RP's house (about a mile away). Brrrr, that was a cold walk.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  Headache is going down and I only have the nausea now.  We'll see!

Great runs everybody. Our high today is 81F.  Carry on.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Feel better. It was 33° for my run this morning. 81 sounds awful. Sad

Thanks, guys.  Headache is going down and I only have the nausea now.  We'll see!

Shakedown Street

9 in the queue

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Luke79

I'm mad jealous.  81° is outstanding.

4.8 miles @ 10:28 pace on the trails.  The sun finally showed itself today!  Thanks sun.

Better I Leave

Sorry 'bout the nausea there DR. 81, eh? Very nice. Woke up to snow this morning. Didn't have a run scheduled for today anyway, so it's all good.

Docket_Rocket

Not if you're running in it.  Especially a marathon, which I will be doing next weekend.  In that shit.

I'm mad jealous.  81° is outstanding.

4.8 miles @ 10:28 pace on the trails.  The sun finally showed itself today!  Thanks sun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Luke79

lol yeah, how quick I forget.  I'll probably be singing a different tune when it warms back up here.

Just B.S.

It's 35 out now, with a "feels like" of "I'm going to wait until after noon when it's 50 to run". Why? So I can wear shorts without the running drawers under them. Smile

50 is almost perfect running weather IMHO!

Darn you Tom! Teasing me with those perfect temps!!

11 done in -2F, wearing 5 layers and I never felt warm the entire run. That hot bath afterward

was divine!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt