Beginners and Beyond

Here We Go Again: SUNDAILIES (Read 250 times)

LRB

6.25 miles done in 58:00.

It snowed overnight so the footing was worse than yesterday.  Still, I was able to settle in and I had that familiar isolated feeling, running in my own world all by my lonesome....until that big ass dog roared and scared the shit outta me!

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Sounds like there are quite a few injuries/aches/pains out there.  Not a good start to the year - yikes!   Wishing everyone quick & easy healing.

I got in 6.73 this morning, in some warmer temps finally.  I was going to stop at 6 but when I realized how close I was to 20 for the week, I added another lap around my block.

That gave me 20.3 for the week.  Since this is my first full week back after 6 weeks post-surgery recovery & 2 weeks of the flu, I'm very happy with that.

Angela 

6 miles in the books.  I'm back on a plan. I was really flailing without one.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

yeah I'm not a happy camper Sad was anxious to get back to the normal running routine.

lilacjive I run with a similar view just from the Brooklyn side. Or as today seems we are both NOT running woth the same view. Hope your knee feels better soon!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

8 miles completed, 9:05 overall pace including 2 miles at about 8:45 pace, a rough guess at my 15K goal pace. I was fairly winded at the end of those two miles, but I think I had at least another mile in me. Next week, I'll do 3 or 4 at that pace.

Weather report was revised downward. Never reached 50. It was 44 degrees with a fairly stiff NW wind. Fortunately, I wore my running pants under my shorts, and a long sleeve tech shirt, "A" shirt (wifebeater for you COPS fans), and a short sleeved tech shirt in Crimson tide red. I was comfortably chilly running into the wind, but the return trip of the out/back route was just right.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

AprilRunner, the icy patch sucks. Here's to it being clear soon.

Luke, I'm happy that you're feeling better and had a great run.

Just B.S., you are tougher than I am. I can imagine how good the hot water felt after that run.

scottydawg, congratulations!

Rick, what a fun run! Except for the part with the dog.

Angela, great run.

c0derunner, what's the plan?

Tom, I hope that 9:05 will be my LR pace sometime in this lifetime. That is cool!

Ball of Fury

Hi Dailies!  Today was our last longish run of the taper.  10 miles with 8 @ 9:55/mile and 2 @ GMP.  The weather was pretty good here...35 degrees, but a bit windy by the end (15 mph)...I HATE wind!  The run felt great though, with only minor twinges on the bigger hills.  I guess I am as ready for this marathon as I will ever be....not happy with the forecast though (as Damaris said, 80 degrees is gonna suck!!), but nothing I can do about it.  Great job on runs everyone and hope those with injuries heal quickly!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7.8 miles done...my pacing was all over, but it was just nice to be outside. I think it was the first I've been out (and not just to run) in almost a week. I'm just planning on jumping right back in with my plan this week. Since it was just a cutback week anyway, I'm not too worried about having missed the 5 days that I did.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, runners.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom, I hope that 9:05 will be my LR pace sometime in this lifetime. That is cool!

That was my half marathon pace in November! It probably would have been 10 seconds slower today if not for those two miles at "15K" pace.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

Great running everybody.

6-7 miles later.

c0derunner, what's the plan? 

I'm calling this my offseason plan...Hudson level 1 HM plan for the Lansing HM in late april. It tops out at 38 mpw.  My goal HM is in october (detroit), and I plan on switchin to the lvl 2 plan for that because I'll have more time. (50 mpw)

runmomto3boys

19.6 done at 8:40 pace, no IT band pain, and I finished the week with 80 miles.  It was a good week.

B-Plus, enjoy the 6-7.

Cool, thanks, c0derunner. I'm thinking of registering for a marathon in October and a HM in November. I'll keep Hudson in mind.

RM2B, excellent! I'm happy that your IT band is following orders to cease and desist causing trouble.

Weights and push-ups are done. Abs will be done before bed. So far, it's been a great day. The 10.25 felt like a recovery run. I decreased hydration to every 2.0 miles and took only one gel, at 6.0 miles. I increased the weight I use for six of my eight leg exercises.

Robert31320

Team TJ

19.6 done at 8:40 pace, no IT band pain, and I finished the week with 80 miles.  It was a good week.

Monster!  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

Better I Leave

Nice...Color me impressed. Smile