Berea Running Alums

08 goals (Read 289 times)

stu moran

since we are a month out from the turn of the year I figured it was time to start thinking about my main goals for the first 6 months of next year.........I need to keep myself very motivated because at 31 you never know when you'll start slowing down! late Jan- run a good 1/2 marathon (at least beat my PR of 67:44) late Feb/early March- a solid road 10k somewhere (PR is 30:14) late March/early April- track 10k (PR 30:15) April- Papa Johns or Cherry Blossom 10m (PR 50:56) first proper workout is today.........4x2m at 1/2 marathon pace anyone else?
      Stu I would say you have a few years until you start slowin down...seems like you're even gettin better these past couple years My goals 8:49 Indoors 3k Win Arnold Classic Pump and Run in March Sub 4 in the 1500 Outdoors Under 15:20 5k Don't overtrain again
      stu moran

"Win Arnold Classic Pump and Run in March" who are you gonna pump this year?
          haha I'm not pumpin anyone. http://www.arnoldclassic.com/h_5k.asp?sl=1 Nice workout today btw
            ahh...goals. i don't know if there is much point in discussing them, since i always get lazy during track season, but i have been feeling excellent about my running lately, regardless of the little setbacks. i would like to set a P.R. in most popular distance events. the three important ones to me are the Steeple, 1500, and 5K, but I would also kinda like to make some improvements in the 800 and 10K. i think that's probably a little ambitious, but one can dream. (the focus will be on the first 3, and the others if i have time or energy). the good thing is that most of my bests are so bad that if i get on a roll, they should be possible. another good thing is that, if i acually am training, i get free transportation, meals, and housing at my races...the one perk of being a coach. i would also like to follow up later in the year with a quality half marathon, and maaaybeee even a marathon next fall or winter. Steeple Best 9:38 Goal Sub 9:26 5K Best 15:56 Goal 15:29 1500 Best 4:16 Goal 4:09 800 Best 2:02 Goal 1:59 10K Best 33:53 Goal 32:59 Half Best 1:18:31 Goal 1:14:Anything Marathon Best 2:56 Goal Who the hell knows?

Slow by nature, not by choice.

Goals??? Main goal is to start running about 50 to 80 miles a week. PR's in 1500, 5k, 4 miles, 10k, and half marathon. PR's are 1500- 4:02 5k- 15:29 4 miles- 20:19 10k- 36:01 half- 1:16:34
                That pump and run race looks pretty cool. If you win do you get to hang with Arnold? I heard about a race where you run 2 miles, eat a dozen donuts, and run 2 more miles. That would also be cool.
                  I'm not real sure but it looks like it...I know he at least starts the race and gives the award and takes a picture with the winner. http://www.runohio.com/news/10-29-07PnR.html# And that donut thing doesn't look fun at all I don't even know if I could eat a dozen at one time unless they were only glazed
                    1500m PR 4:09.34 Goal 4:05-4:08 marathon PR 3:25:18 Goal 2:45-2:49
                    EASY 10

run sober or not so hung over.
                        set pr's in every event! just kidding. just thought I would hop on the bandwagon everyone else is on. My main goal is simply to train consistently for the next few months, getting my miles up to over 60 average per week. hopefully the race times will gradually start improving. would like to make a run at sub 16 again.
                          So now that my hip is better I can start to think about running again. Ill have to admit I was ready to quit again. I have decided to focus on the 1500. I think I will max my milage out at 55-60 with many weeks under 55. I need to get my speed back so toward the end of this month I will start doing speed work. Since I am cutting my milage Im gonna try to run some of my days faster. Any advice or input? My overall goal is to break 4min.
                            come race me in the mile...March 8...Virginia Tech....be there. looks like we'll be doing very similar training, it would make for a good race. Actually if anyone is interested in running that meet I'll put you up for cheap.
                              ill be there if I can sleep with you in your bed the night before the race. Indoor?
                                sorry shawn I'm abstaining until Cody comes back to America. It is indoors. The air sucks but the track is great. Cost me 5 bucks at the most last year.