Berea Running Alums

damn it. (Read 45 times)

Well for the past couple of days my achilles tendon has been really sore (its really bad in the morning). I blew it off at first but it is getting worse and worse. Im going to try to take 3-4 days off and see if it helps any. I know Gar2 has had this problem before but has anyone else? Thanks.
      I had it in high school. Nathan has been battling achilles problems for the last couple of months. Hell, I think it happens to all of us from time to time. Rest and ice. Stay away from too many climbs when you are running until the pain is gone. Probably stay out of spikes as well...especially if you don't have any races requiring them coming up. If it's just sore, you should do LIGHT stretching after activity as well. VERY LIGHT. Try doing the wall push stretch, but bend the "normally" straight leg a little to get a little bit more of a stretch in the achilles. Another thing I had athletes do was take the Stick over it very slowly, putting pressure while pulling up. Be patient as well. You are in too good of shape to let it ruin you. A couple of days off with therapy should be a big help.

Slow by nature, not by choice.