Berea Running Alums

how's everyone's fitness level? (Read 77 times)

Just wanted to see what kind of shape everyone is in and see any upcoming races people have scheduled? I have been training decent but would like to do more in the way of workouts and hills this winter. In the low 16's for 5k and will probably run a 10k on thanksgiving. Be nice to get back in the 32's although mid 33's might be more reasonable right now. Jamie, chad and I talked about possibly putting together an alumni (high school and/or college) to run at the Wilmington cc meet next year, although I am up for any race as a team. A relay team for an ultra, marathon, or long trail race also appeals to me!
      I'm fat but beginning to get into shape. I'm not sure what direction I want to go. Mainly, I want to get out of Barbourville and train in somewhere other than this wasteland. This may sound insane, but I think I want to focus on shorter distances in the Spring. My 800 and 1500 PR's suck and I would like to get some decent ones before I'm too old. We'll see though. I'll probably be over this in a week or so.

Slow by nature, not by choice.

I've got Philly coming up in a few weeks. This whole year has been a struggle but I think I've managed to do the training I need for 2:40 something. A good marathon was the main goal this year so I can still salvage the year. After that I have no racing plans at all. I would be up for a team race if I'm up for racing at all.