Berea Running Alums

running with dogs (Read 50 times)

Hey stu I saw that you run with your dogs sometimes. Do you keep them on leash or dose your dog just run with you and stay close? I would like to take my dogs with me sometimes (one at a time) but last time I tried I had her on a leash and she kept tripping me by running in front of me. Anyway, I was just wondering how or if you had to train her. Thanks.
    holby

Shawn I think if you went out to those trails without a leash your dog would stay with you. Siberian Huskies are pretty good at distances since they were used to pull sleds. Just make sure it's not too hot because I'm sure they overheat with all that fur.
      stu moran

yeah I just started taking her out running about a month ago. She's not trained, first time I ran with her (on trails of course) she was on the leash for maybe 10 minutes before I decided to see how she did off the leash........she just ran on my left heel the entire run and has done so ever since- she never goes off the trail. I don't think I could take either of the other two dogs we have running as they would probably run off