Berea Running Alums

Race Registration Fees (Read 77 times)

Well, I thought about running a 5K this coming weekend, but have put myself in a bind. I saw over the weekend that the Anthem 5K would be coming up and considered running it, until I saw the entry fees. Preregistration was $20, but it closed on Saturday night. Race day registration is $50. I can't afford that. There is a small race in Lex, but the winning time last year was over 20 minutes, and it's a long way to go for an extremely crappy race. There is also one in Knoxville, but it is being put on by a sorority or fraternity, and I really don't know about that one either. What should I do?

Slow by nature, not by choice.

stu moran

Jamie, email Camille Estes at Fleet Feet. She'll give you a free entry to Anthem this weekend. I'm doing Papa John's on March 29th up there in Louisville, I'll be damned if I'm paying those high entry fees Some others to consider........ March 1st Tom Sawyer The IRISH CLASSIC 10k. Louisville, Ky 426-8950 9 am 2007. This one is a fastish course out and back 8th Bluegrass State Games University of Kentucky 5 k road race 859 269 8313. Another fairly quick course- Eric ran 15:50 on this a few years ago
        Good call Stu. I contacted her, and she didn't give me free entry, but is giving me elite status, and will let me pay the early registration fee of $20. Thanks for the heads up.

stu moran

Jamie: Good luck at Anthem tommorrow. Hopefully weather will be good. Looks like you've got plenty of steady/easy running in over the past month............not much faster running though, is that planned? Anyway, have a good run. Stu
            Nah, not planned exactly. Honestly I dread workouts and never have the opportunity to do them with anyone, so I just don't do them. But this has been more of a base building phase, so this race is supposed to be the beginning of the speed focused portion of the training.