Berea Running Alums

Stu (Read 85 times)

I am visiting my cousin in North Wilksboro from March 20th to 22nd. I am also jumping into a 5k race in Lincolnton, N.C. on March 21st. Though if you are not busy, we could get a run in Saturday night and / or Sunday morning. I can see if cousin cares if you stay at his place. There is a good trail we can run to get in 8 to 12 miles I think. Let me know if interested.
    stu moran

Amber is doing a trail race here on March 21st, it's a 12k I think. If you are passing through Asheville we could get a run in on the trails
        have to see. may be able to pull that off. what advice would you have to help me get back on the right track as far as getting back to sub 16 shape. i know i am not running enough miles. and it is hard to do fast training on my own. not sure what i need to do besides step up and focus.
        stu moran

Roy: 1. Run slowly for 50-60 mins 4 days per week (slowly meaning 7:00-7:45 pace) 2. Do a tempo run 1 day per week (anywhere from 40-50 mins at a comfortably hard effort, never at race effort) 3. Do a long run 1 day per week (90 mins+, time on your feet, slow pace) 4. Rest 1 day per week That would total about 6 hours a week of running or about 45-50 miles. Do that for 2 months and you will be in solid shape. Just get out the door 6 days a week and run easy 5 out of those 6 days
          Dr.BlakeMain

hey stu, there is a guy by the name of John Poray, he said that he ran the Louisville papa johns 10 miler last year. he runs with us in owensboro usually once to twice a month. i was wondering if you ever heard of him. Also there is a guy i run with, his name is Jimmy Brigance. He also said he has heard of you, i thought that was pretty cool, but anyway, nice talking to ya. i plan on running a 1:20 half in louisville april 25. talk to you later. blake
            stu moran

that guy Poray is pretty tough, he passed me around 9 miles into the Papa John's 10 miler last year......he ran about 51:20 maybe
                Thanks stu. i will try to run slower then i am. i know i can just got to get use to the idea.