Bayshore Marathon

Lodging? (Read 382 times)

Dammit. Dammit.
    Bwahhahaha. The power of peer pressure.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dammit. Now I might do it. Thanks Larry. Dammit.
      *high-5s Larry* Mike, get that knee looked at ASAP. Remember...after Bayshore you have a trail relay to kick ass on. Big grin Seriously, though, I was looking at your shoes...all neutrals, right? My knee issues have been greatly improved by adding an orthotic insole or wearing a more stable shoe (though the trick with more stable shoes is finding ones that have flexible forefoots and don't cause me foot woes...my favorite shoe is very mild stability, but I think I need to stay up a notch on the stability scale, at least for anything longer than maybe 5 miles). When was the last time you had your gait analyzed? Perhaps you need "more shoe." If your knee pain is more on the inside edge or inside and below the kneecap...well, I'd be suspicious that you're dealing with a wrong shoe issue. 2ยข from someone who has BTDT and knows how miserable it is.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Thank for the input ZZ. Honestly, it's not that bad. It doesn't bother me at all when I'm running. Rather, it's usually first thing in the morning that it's a bit rough. Mostly just going down a set of stairs. I honestly think it has more to do with a fairly new runner picking up the mileage over the year. It hasn't gotten any worse in 5 or 6 months. I'm keeping a pretty close eye on it, and as soon as it feels like something is really "wrong" I'll take care of it. I will be trying a new pair of shoes (or two) in a month or so, as the local running store has their sidewalk sale in mid-January. I'm working from home today (couldn't make it to Lansing in this mess) and talked to Rebecca about Bayshore...she's on board... dammit.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

dammit.
          Big grin Big grin You're giving me such a laugh this morning!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

talked to Rebecca about Bayshore...she's on board... dammit.
            Ha! Yeah, I got no negative feedback from my spousal unit, either. Guess it's a go! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

They have a bus shuttle system but everyone I talked with do not recomend it. Just drive the route the night before so they know how to get around. My wife dropped me off and came back and met me at the finish. I still have not signed up because my son and his wife are expecting a baby right around that time and I was afraid I would be in Oklahoma then. I just learned last night that he is getting deployed December 26th to the mid east and asked if his wife could stay with us while he is gone for 6 months so she is not alone while going through pregnancy and labor. So the bottom line is I may be in Michigan at that time and will most likely be there also. I would love to meet up with some of you. I will probably make the final decision by the first of the year after we get this all settled.
              What's bad about the shuttle Larry? Congratulations on the upcoming grandbaby! I'm sorry that your son is being deployed though. It sounds like this is their first?
                I have heard from others, so this is not first hand, that the shuttle is slow and you can't count on being at the spot you plan to be on time. especially if you want to go to a couple different spots on the course and especially if you want to get back in time to see someone finish. There is only a couple main areas to view the race so its probably better to have your families drive to those spots even though they try to talk you out of doing that. They have a map on their site that shows the open and closed roads and the areas best to view the race so its pretty easy to get around on your own if you plan ahead. Sounds like you guys are getting a pretty big group going. It should be fun. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

KvnJns

Sounds like you guys are getting a pretty big group going. It should be fun. Larry
                  No No No Larry....it WILL be fun. Big grin

Kevin

I'll be driving in. It's a 13 hour drive for me. I'll be making a stop in Pittsburgh to stay with family overnight and then continue on the next day. Arriving hopefully at Kirsten's or the hotel where we're staying sometime on Friday. If possible, I would like to join in on a room with others to help split the cost! If that's a possibility.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Arriving hopefully at Kirsten's or the hotel where we're staying sometime on Friday. If possible, I would like to join in on a room with others to help split the cost! If that's a possibility.
                      We live 3 hours or so from the race, so if you arrive at my house there will only be the cats to greet you. Wink Maybe we can get a roll-away for our room if you want to stay with us--or you can share the bed with Dane. OR the dids can share a bed and you can bed with me. Or does 4 in one room sound too crowded?

~ Sarah Kay

We live 3 hours or so from the race, so if you arrive at my house there will only be the cats to greet you. Wink Maybe we can get a roll-away for our room if you want to stay with us--or you can share the bed with Dane. OR the dids can share a bed and you can bed with me. Or does 4 in one room sound too crowded?
                        We can see when it gets closer. I'm fine with four in a room (keep in mind I have a family of 6, I'm used to crowding in places) but I don't want to crowd you all! Maybe there will be others looking to share a room. We'll see. We have lots of time to plan.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We can see when it gets closer. I'm fine with four in a room (keep in mind I have a family of 6, I'm used to crowding in places) but I don't want to crowd you all! Maybe there will be others looking to share a room. We'll see. We have lots of time to plan.
                          Ha, there would be no crowding. I told did what we might do and he was all "Blush I fart in my sleep." At least we know YOU won't be farting... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Ha, there would be no crowding. I told did what we might do and he was all "Blush I fart in my sleep." At least we know YOU won't be farting... Evil grin
                            I grew up with a brother. I know farts happen...and how. I'm not scared! Big grin

Michelle

KvnJns

OMG Shocked, where has this gone.....

Kevin

Think Whirled Peas

Hey, just a little FYE (for your edification Smile )... Rebecca (wife) and I are staying at the Hampton both Friday and Saturday nights: TC Hampton Inn

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>