Bayshore Marathon

How is training going? (Read 527 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Everyone started? I just began week 3 this week. Going well...definitely WAY better than training for marathon #1 (which started with knee problems 2-3 weeks out from the race and continuing through most of training). I'm doing Higdon Int. II for this race, but adding a few miles these first few weeks to keep up with the base I've already been doing.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Only running the 1/2, so I started my program today. Now if the snow would just Roll eyesall melt away...Roll eyes
      -Andrew
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now if the snow would just Roll eyesall melt away...Roll eyes
        I tell ya', those snow-free stretches are like heaven. At the same pace the effort on snow is at least 4 points higher.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

Now if the snow would just Roll eyesall melt away.
          I hear you Andy, I am dieing to get outside. I just started my training today so give me another 2-3 weeks and then we'll see

Kevin

Another Passion

Still working on consistency, which hasn't been there. Tammy is all jacked up to start building miles and I'm like pullin' in the reigns. Will try and get a couple of steady weeks in and then start throwing in some long runs on the weekend. We aren't following any particular training program, I just want to get us to consistent runs during the week and then build long runs on the weekends. This is a very relaxed deal for us and should be lots of fun since there is no pressure other than to finish the half.

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hail to The Victors!

Finally pulled out of the recovery phase for Disney and hit 60 last week. Today I did my first uptempo workout indoors, and I am totally geeked about the results. Hope I can stay healthy, because I have a good feeling about this spring.
              corland

Finally pulled out of the recovery phase for Disney and hit 60 last week. Today I did my first uptempo workout indoors, and I am totally geeked about the results. Hope I can stay healthy, because I have a good feeling about this spring.
                Very nice tempo jhallum! We have got to be close right now. It should be fun to watch your training in the coming months. My groin felt well enough to get a decent treadmill run in today. I think I can still salvage the week. Do you have any spring races scheduled? I'm tenatively planning the Flushing Half on 3/28 and then a 10 miler on 4/18.

Think Whirled Peas

Very nice tempo jhallum! We have got to be close right now. It should be fun to watch your training in the coming months. My groin felt well enough to get a decent treadmill run in today. I think I can still salvage the week. Do you have any spring races scheduled? I'm tenatively planning the Flushing Half on 3/28 and then a 10 miler on 4/18.
                  Glad to hear you're doing a bit better, Cory. What's the 10 mile race in April that you're doing? MTA: DAMN! Jhallum, REAL nice tempo run yesterday. I'm getting pumped to watch all these Boston hopefuls in TC. Should be fun!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Hail to The Victors!

I'm also looking forward to see how things develop for you as well. You've got a huge base coming into the spring. When you start with your speed program, your times are going to plummet. I have a feeling that that Flushing race for you is going to be a real breakthrough. I'm glad that the whole dog thing looks like it's a little bump in the road and not anything bigger. I'm racing this weekend (a little 4 miler), and then I think I might do the Flushing half as well. Other than that, I have a 10K on 4/5. After that, nothing firm. I'd like to get one more race between 4/5 and the start of the taper, but I don't know if that will happen...

Another Passion

Fwiw Jeremy, Toledo has a half at the end of April. Great to hear your training is going so well and, like Q, I'm excited for you BQ hopefuls come Bayshore!

Rick

corland

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better, Cory. What's the 10 mile race in April that you're doing? MTA: DAMN! Jhallum, REAL nice tempo run yesterday. I'm getting pumped to watch all these Boston hopefuls in TC. Should be fun!
                        I was going to do this one last year, but I backed out. I think Zoom-zoom has done it before. http://www.stridersrun.com/races.htm
                          Hi everyone, Looks like the gang is ramping up for Bayshore. I opted to try Charlevoix this year instead to give myself a little more time to build a better base. Besides I get bored easily and there are so many marathons to choose from I would like to try something new. Anyway, I see some of you are planning on running the Flushing half. I ran that race last year and plan on doing it again this year so I will keep an eye out for you. Its a great time in the middle of the spring marathon buld up. If you have not run it before it is a low key club race. Not anything fancy but a few water stops along the way. The roads do not close but it really is not a issue as the traffic is not heavy on most of the route anyway. It is also fairly flat so it mimicks Bayshore pretty well. Good luck with all your training and maybe I will see some of you there. I must admit I feel like I am missing out on a great party in Traverse City though. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Think Whirled Peas

It'd be nice to have you there, Larry. But have no fear; there will be pitchers pictures.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Another Passion

It'd be nice to have you there, Larry. But have no fear; there will be pitchers with sliced fruit pictures.
                              Fixed.

Rick

My training won't start until a few more weeks. At that point I'll have to figure out how to safely and somehow quickly build my base back up.

Michelle