Bayshore Marathon

Eats Fri. Night? (Read 228 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone have ideas of what they want to eat on race eve? I discovered that there's a Bob Evans in TC in front of the outlet mall...I'm a major breakfast-for-supper gal the night before races and I partly blame my non-routine dinner for my crappy race at Milwaukee (as well as my non-traditional breakfast...I missed my bacon both times). BE has crepes on their menu and serve breakfast all day--rock on! So that's my plan. Anyone else wanna join me? I'm guessing we'll (me, hubby, kiddo) be eating somewhere in the 5-5:30 neighborhood...that way I'm not going to bed on too full a belly or having to wait long for a table.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

I'm not sure I'll be down for hooking up Friday night for a coupla reasons. A) Not sure when I'll be getting in town, as I'm flying back from DC Thursday night. 2) Not sure what I will feel like, but probably should be something bland and boring, like Thai or jalapeno poppers. III) I can't stand hanging out w/all you crazy-arses two nights in a row. Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

like Thai or jalapeno poppers.
        So glad I won't be pacing with you. I will watch for semi-digested poppers on the side of the course. Tongue Give me Thai and peppers AFTER the race, though. Nothing like spicy Thai and jalapeƱos with beer. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I'm not sure I'll be down for hooking up Friday night for a coupla reasons. A) Not sure when I'll be getting in town, as I'm flying back from DC Thursday night. 2) Not sure what I will feel like, but probably should be something bland and boring, like Thai or jalapeno poppers. III) I can't stand hanging out w/all you crazy-arses two nights in a row. Smile
          Isn't that three reasons and not a coupl? Did you go to State? Bedford High School? Oh, and... fine... be that way... jerk! Tongue

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hail to The Victors!

Maybe. Depends on how much I'm tweaking. If a lot: it will help relax. If not: I might rather use the time to focus. Depends, but otherwise, Bob Evans is always good empty carbs.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bob Evans is always good empty carbs.
              And protein, fat, and salt. All of a runner's favorite things. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

So glad I won't be pacing with you.
                Hmmmm. Your pre-race diet has been noted, Q.

Another Passion

Zoomy, there is a Cracker Barrel right near our hotel as well. I think we may consider eating there Friday night. Either there or Bob Evans.

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com