Bayshore Marathon

Who's staying Saturday Night? (Read 485 times)

KvnJns

Hey Josh. Welcome aboard. You didnt say what distance you are running at Bayshore. 1/2 or Full ? or 10K?

Kevin

Goofy 2010

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. I'm signed for the full and am wanting 3:59:59. Q can testify that I'm a freak, as well, since I signed up for The Dopie and will also be going for the Coast to Coast medal. To get myself there I've set a distance goal to exceed the distance from my house to WDW to DL before I cross the finish line in Anaheim. Last year was a tough one for me, seriously thought about hanging them up, but Q really helped me by showing true dedication to The Run. Between that and giving me s**t on a daily basis, I'm refocused. Thanks Q!
      Angels Smiling Don't Stop Running
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...giving me s**t on a daily basis...
        Yeah, he's good for that. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Yay, another person to be waiting at the finish with a beer in-hand (for me) as I cross! Big grin Nice to have you here, Josh. Now you will see that Q doesn't exaggerate when he says we're a bunch of freaks. Evil grin
          You're going to be loopy before you take one step toward your vehicle to head back to the hotel! Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're going to be loopy before you take one step toward your vehicle to head back to the hotel! Big grin
            Hey, I'm not driving...why do you think I got married 12+ years ago? It was so I'd always have a designated driver! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I'm gonna check with a friend that used to live in TC and see if they can recommend a dinner place conducive for a large gathering of peeps.

Rick

Another Passion

I checked with a friend that grew up in TC on a restaurant for Saturday evening and she suggested this: One of our favorite restaurants up there is Boone's Long Lake Inn. (On Secor Rd.) Really good food, nice atmosphere...just make reservations ahead. There is a room you can reserve, and they also have a nice large deck outside if the weather is nice enough. We were just there with some of our friends when we went up for Spring Break. I've not checked it out yet, but if people are interested, I will.

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rick, that sounds like a very nice option. I think we'd be game. I assume they have beer. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I would assume so. It seems to be a fairly nice place with moderate to high priced fare. Here's their website: http://www.booneslli.com/ Someone else had mentioned the Mackinaw Brewing Company as well. Their website is here: http://www.mackinawbrewing.com/

Rick

Hail to The Victors!

I would assume so. It seems to be a fairly nice place with moderate to high priced fare. Here's their website: http://www.booneslli.com/ Someone else had mentioned the Mackinaw Brewing Company as well. Their website is here: http://www.mackinawbrewing.com/
                      Both of those sound pretty good Rick. I'm in!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can I just say how stinkin' excited I am?! Well...I AM!!! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

North Peak Brewing Co is also excellent. I don't know what their availability is for larger parties (or perhaps you've already researched this & I was too lazy to read that far back in the thread...:rollSmile, but that might be an option to consider.
                          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

Another Passion

If we want to try and do this as a group we should probably shore this up sometime soon in the coming week and make reservations if need be.

Rick

Hail to The Victors!

If we want to try and do this as a group we should probably shore this up sometime soon in the coming week and make reservations if need be.
                              Agreed. I know there are many of us who will be bringing families, and many of us who will also want to do our part for the economy by imbibing many adult beverages. Would people with families rather we did a party room at a restaurant first, and then those that want to head out and hit one of the brewing cos afterward? Or do you not mind bringing your kids to one of the brewing cos? I'm also good for the all day thing myself. We can just start right after Zoomy finishes -- carry her from the finish line right to the bar!

Think Whirled Peas

I say we just raid a place and take it ovah!!!!!! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!? Evil grin

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>