Bayshore Marathon

Packet pick-up (Read 244 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What time is everyone thinking they will go pick up their race pack. Just wondering who to look for. I am guessing we will get to town around 4-4:30, check in, drive to the HS to get my race pack. Probably around 5ish.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

We'll shoot for around then too. I was going to try and get to the hotel sometime around when check in is, which I assume is around 3.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We're planning to have DS do a half-day of school, but I may try to talk did into pulling him out for a full day, especially since did doesn't work that day, so that will mean driving Dane a half hour away to school, did waiting around for a few hours, then picking him back up. Seems kind of pointless. I'd really like to get to TC earlier, too. More time to lay around and relax...maybe float around in the pool like a manatee...lazy day.

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Exactly. I want this to be a maximum fun weekend for Lindsey and Tammy as well. I think floating around in the pool like a manatee qualifies to that end. Wink

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Poo. did really wants Dane to do that half day of school, that way he can get a bike ride in while Dane is in school, too. Oh, well. It's still going to be a super fun weekend. The first thought that came to me as I stopped my Garmin from today's run was..."yay, taper...and YAY the countdown to fun with friends is on!!!" Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just read this: Registration and packet pick-up for the Bayshore Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K will be held at the Traverse City Central High School Gym. Hours will be on Friday night, May 22nd from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and on race day from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. Race Day registration will be available for the 10K only. If you are pre registered for the Marathon or Half Marathon you can still pick up your packet on Saturday beginning at 5:00 a.m. Hmmm...I'm betting packet pickup will be crazy right at 5. I think what we will do is plan to eat, then go pick up my packet...probably closer to 6:30-7. I'm guessing there's not really an expo of any sort.

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

That sounds like a great idea. It may be quiet early too though since many people will be coming in from out of town and may have to work a full day or so? Worth checking on. I dunno. I'm just looking forward to the weekend and not worried about the details too much.

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm just looking forward to the weekend and not worried about the details too much.
                  I'm looking forward to not driving for an hour+ trying to find a non-existent pancake place that was supposed to be not far from our hotel in Milwaukee...and just plain smoother sailing on race day, too. Milwaukee had a few moments that played out more like comedy of errors than race weekend. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

corland

Crowds at Packet Pick Up last year (Friday night) were light. No problem at all there. I'm all about eating early on Friday too. Gotta give myself a good 12 hours to get it through the system and get it out! I'll probably have family obligations Friday dinner time, but I'll hope to see some of you 7-8ish at the High School. There wasn't much expo last year, just the local running shop selling some supplies and such.

Another Passion

I forgot the kids are in school Friday and Lindsey is bringing a friend (Emily) along with her. Since they won't be doing much, we are going to see if her friend's parents mind letting Emily out of school early. We may not get up there till around 5 or 6 though. Will know more when we find out what time Emily's parents are ok with her leaving school, if at all. If not, we won't be able to leave here till 2:30.

Rick