Bayshore Marathon

Proud Father (Read 169 times)

KvnJns

The other day my Son (13yo) said to me that Track starts next week and he needed to start running again. He has ran Cross Country and Track in the 7th grade. So he is not new to running but I felt it was a little different this time. He wanted to borrow my Garmin and go for a run. I was a little nervous about it but let him use it. He ran 3.1 yesterday and then today he went for a run with one of his friends from school. He did 6.42 miles in 57:39. An 8:59pace. Tomorrow after I get home from work we are both going for a run together Big grin. He has been bugging me that he wants to run some races this year, so I am going to sign him up for the 10K at Bayshore. Oh yeah and he now has his very own RA log, which he thinks is way to cool.

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kevin, that is so excellent! I hope my son is there in 5 years. The kid has a perfect runner's build, but 0 interest in running. I'm thinking he will eventually realize he's a natural (boundless energy...above and beyond normal 8 year old boy), then become interested. This is what he looked like almost 2 years ago. He looks about the same, only taller: I would kill for form and a build like that. Tongue Your son is pretty quick for a 13 year old...he will only get faster with age and consistent work. That has to be such a cool thing to witness. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Very cool! Isn't it great when they show interest in running?!? Smile How did today's run go? I understand about being nervous with loaning out your Garmin, I still get nervous when my oldest son borrows mine. Mostly now I just tell him to make sure he charges it once he's finished.

Michelle

KvnJns

The run went great. We did 5 miles. Track & Field starts this Wednesday so I am not sure how much running we will get to do together until after that is over. I am sure we will still get in a few runs.

Kevin

Another Passion

Awesome, Kevin! One of the coolest things I've experienced to date, even cooler than finishing my first marathon, was running the Race for the Cure 5K with my whole family last fall. That is kind of a misnomer actually because I ran with Tammy and our DD's left us in their dust! Blush You'll have weekend runs you can do with your son. Very cool, Kevin. Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Marathonmanleto

Agreed--It's one of life's simple pleasures. Every one of our children represents unbridled potential. They are all future race winners. It's up to us to help them along and nurture a love of running. Enjoy.
                The run went great. We did 5 miles. Track & Field starts this Wednesday so I am not sure how much running we will get to do together until after that is over. I am sure we will still get in a few runs.
                It will be very exciting for you to watch him through track and field. What is extra cool is knowing that you add so much to his training by being a runner yourself and being extra supportive. Plus, not all parents can say they can train with their son or daughter. You've got bragging rights all around. Big grin

Michelle