Bayshore Marathon

Cheering section. (Read 340 times)

Hail to The Victors!

My wife is looking for a cheering section to join while I'm out gallivanting about the course. Anyone else's family hanging out or trucking around the course during the race?

Think Whirled Peas

My wife will be there, not sure on her plans yet. I figured she'd be hanging out 'round the finish line but I'm not sure if she was planning on spectating (is that a word?) out and about on the course. I'll ask tonight and report back. Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My hubby and kiddo will be out there...I think they're planning to try to drive around and hit a few spots on the course. I'm sure they could haul an extra few peeps around if anyone wants to "carpool."

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

corland

I think that our insane clown posse is planning on hanging around the finsih area. Threre will be several to chart with if we can somehow get the who's who down before the event. I wonder if the runners should go for a certain look, maybe we could recruit friends and family and all pick a unique color?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if the runners should go for a certain look, maybe we could recruit friends and family and all pick a unique color?
            I am going with the camouflage running skirt...you know, so that I can hide in the crowd. Though I think my bright coral/orange shoes may give me away. Tongue The tank top I'm planning to wear is light blue...kind of like the men's RA shirts...I'm just sayin' (if I liked the fit of the RA women's tank better I'd wear it for every race, but it leaves welts under my arms, unfortunately). Maybe we could go with a sky blue theme. I know Rick, Q, and Mishka all have that shirt.

~ Sarah Kay

I'll be there cheering too. It was supposed to be a day trip w/ dh, but he is up in the air at this point...wants me to go to the Monster-in-laws for the weekend...thank you all for running, because I "promised them I would be there, baby. I have to cart Gu & water & stuff around the course. If it wasn't for me already having committed to helping some of them out, of course I'd go to your parent's house." Big grinEvil grin If you knew my MIL, you'd understand the deception!! Anyways, I'll be there & am happy to have anyone join me for a drive around the course for spectating (yep, sounds like a word to me). And really, if anyone needs to have me hang on to any gear for before, during & after the race, I'm happy to be a pack mule too.
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

Another Passion

I have some concerns about our DD and her friend that is accompanying her on this trip. I would like for them to be able to be out on the course, at least at the finish, but am not comfortable about them going by themselves. Only problem is, Tammy and I, to my knowledge, are the only ones running the half, so logistically it would be difficult for someone to help us out by hanging out with them. They're both only 14 and I'm not real comfortable in having them out there by themselves. Any suggestions anyone?

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

corland

I think most everyone knows the marathon is an out and back course on the Old Mission Peninsula. The 1/2 runners are bussed out to the 1/2 way point and they run back in. It seems like the peninsula was closed to vehicle traffic, other then the residents last year. I think spectators were bussed to a few different spots along the course. I might be wrong, but it's worth checking into.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have some concerns about our DD and her friend that is accompanying her on this trip. I would like for them to be able to be out on the course, at least at the finish, but am not comfortable about them going by themselves. Only problem is, Tammy and I, to my knowledge, are the only ones running the half, so logistically it would be difficult for someone to help us out by hanging out with them. They're both only 14 and I'm not real comfortable in having them out there by themselves. Any suggestions anyone?
                    Rick, maybe they can hang with did and the didlet. I'm sure Dane would love to have some older women to hit on. The kid has mad flirtation skilz.

~ Sarah Kay

corland

I think most everyone knows the marathon is an out and back course on the Old Mission Peninsula. The 1/2 runners are bussed out to the 1/2 way point and they run back in. It seems like the peninsula was closed to vehicle traffic, other then the residents last year. I think spectators were bussed to a few different spots along the course. I might be wrong, but it's worth checking into.
                      I'm wrong, sorry. Friends/Families can drive to different access points along the course. I wonder why I was thinking it was closed.?.

Think Whirled Peas

I wonder why I was thinking it was closed.?.
                        Too many donuts, maybe? Big grin

Hail to The Victors!

Anyways, I'll be there & am happy to have anyone join me for a drive around the course for spectating (yep, sounds like a word to me). And really, if anyone needs to have me hang on to any gear for before, during & after the race, I'm happy to be a pack mule too.
                          Sounds like a possibility! Let me double check with her, and get back to you!
                          KvnJns

Burn......... Wink

Kevin

corland

My partner and I were doing traffic last summer at the fair, mid July. It was hot, like 90 hot. So we were doing the lazy ass cop thing and sitting in the air conditioned patrol car between traffic surges. We had the window cracked so we could be social when people walked by. This smart ass, punk kid walks by and says "Man, you guys must be roasting in there.?." Partner responds "Nope, air's on." Dipshit kid says, "Looks like your bacon." Partner respondes, "No, we're really not that hot." Kid gets 50 feet away, giggling all the way, before we realize we were the joke. That was cleaver. Donuts? I've seen Q burn a few in the swamp... I'm thinking he can do better... Tongue

Think Whirled Peas

...Donuts? I've seen Q burn a few in the swamp... I'm thinking he can do better... Tongue
                                I know it was pretty lame, but get a few brews in me Saturday night and it's likely you'll be wishing you were CCW'ing... Big grin