Bayshore Marathon

Marathon Training (Read 327 times)

KvnJns

When is everyone planning on starting their actual training? I am planning on starting a modified training program on the first of Feb.. Right now I am just working on trying to build my base mileage. I am pretty happy so far. I wish I could get outdoors but with the slippery roads I am always worried about getting hit by a passing car Dead so all of my miles for the last 2 months have been on the treadmill. Even with that I am on track to have my best month to date by at least 25 milesBig grin. That really has me pumped up.

Kevin

corland

Kudos on the big miles KJ! I'm a firm believer in the treadmill. It's the next best thing to running outdoors. It's great for aerobic conditioning as long as you keep those runs nice and easy. Transition most of your miles outdoors as the weather begins to break and you'll be fine. I also like the idea of training plans for new marathoners. I'll take Pfitzinger's speedwork advice when that time rolls around. Who's traning plan are you using Kevin?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I started yesterday--first run was today. So far, so good. I'm following Higdon's Int. II plan, with the days rearranged a bit.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

Who's traning plan are you using Kevin?
          Cory, I am undecided on which plan to use yet. I have reviewed 2 or 3. Do you have any recommendations? You know that I lean on you for advice. I am working on building my base mileage like you have mentioned several times. Thanks

Kevin

Mishka-old log

Right now my training involves very little running and a lot of Tiger Balm. A friend of mine recommended it for injuries. We'll see if it works.

Another Passion

Right now my training involves very little running and a lot of Tiger Balm. A friend of mine recommended it for injuries. We'll see if it works.
              Dude. Cut it out. Not the Tiger Balm, but the injury stuff. There'll be none of that in the preparation for this race for ANY of us! Though, I am still nursing myself along. Roll eyes

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hail to The Victors!

When is everyone planning on starting their actual training? I am planning on starting a modified training program on the first of Feb.. Right now I am just working on trying to build my base mileage. I am pretty happy so far. I wish I could get outdoors but with the slippery roads I am always worried about getting hit by a passing car Dead so all of my miles for the last 2 months have been on the treadmill. Even with that I am on track to have my best month to date by at least 25 milesBig grin. That really has me pumped up.
                I think my training program will start Monday. My hammy is still a little out of whack, but it's better. I'm thinking about doing a modified Daniel's advanced marathon plan this time because it's 18 weeks out instead of a little longer, but I really haven't decided. Either that or a modified Pfitzinger moderate/advanced, hard to say yet.
                KvnJns

I have settled on Hal Higdons "intermediate level" marathon training plan. I opted for the intermediate over the beginner because I am currently running miles at the level of intemediate. I didnt want to significantly reduce my miles to start my training. I also modified it by changing my rest days to the days that better fit my schedule. I will start the 16 week plan on Feb 2nd. I also changed one of my long runs from 12 miles to 15.56 for the 5/3 Riverbank Run. That shouldnt be too big of a deal other than I have a 20 miler scheduled the week before the 5/3.

Kevin

fkramp

I should have started it last week, but due to an error in counting, I'll be starting it tomorrow instead. I had a pretty good week last week in any case...
                    Fritz
                      I'm getting an MRI done on Thursday to see where I'm at in the healing process. The month of January has not been good for me, starting off with this injury in New Year's Day! As soon as I get the "all clear" I'll be figuring out a training plan. My goal is anything under 4 hours.

Michelle

Another Passion

I'm getting an MRI done on Thursday to see where I'm at in the healing process. The month of January has not been good for me, staring off with this injury in New Year's Day! As soon as I get the "all clear" I'll be figuring out a training plan. My goal is anything under 4 hours.
                        Good luck to you Michelle. I hope you heal quickly and have no further complications. We WILL wait for you to finish to go out so, no pressure there! Wink

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Good luck to you Michelle. I hope you heal quickly and have no further complications. We WILL wait for you to finish to go out so, no pressure there! Wink
                          Thank you! That's okay if I'm behind everyone, drinking is something I can catch up with! Yes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We WILL wait for you to finish to go out so, no pressure there! Wink
                            Of course you will...'cause I sure as hell won't be finishing in under 4 hours! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay