Bayshore Marathon

Peer Pressure (Read 298 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dammit...you fools! I am thisclose to saying "F it" and registering. Someone please knock some sense into me. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

BLAZE

I haven't even registred yet! But do it do it do it! Then I will too! LOL AND we gotta get Heather! Big grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm working on her! Big grin So are you planning on half or full? The best part of this is that we can do training runs together with the same end race in mind. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

BLAZE

Half. Big grin
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wait...*confused* is Joni planning on the full, then? Confused

~ Sarah Kay

Half!!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So none of you gals would run the full with me...? *feels so alone in the world* Cry

~ Sarah Kay

BLAZE

Isn't it harder to train for a full during the winter? That's part of my hang up. Don't know if I would be ready. Was going to wait to do full in GR next fall. Confused
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Isn't it harder to train for a full during the winter? That's part of my hang up. Don't know if I would be ready. Was going to wait to do full in GR next fall. Confused
                    I would say yes and no. I plugged Higdon's Int. 2 training plan into my calendar and realized that I'd actually be doing lower mileage for Jan. than I had planned just running regular non-marathon training runs. And the advantage is that those long 20 milers will be in the Spring...when it's still cool, but not cold. And not HOT, like training for a Fall marathon during the Summer months. I think you are smart to wait to do the full at GR, though. I don't think it's possible to wait too long to do one's first marathon, but a lot of people rush into it before their bodies are ready and that can be recipe for serious injury. Sometimes I wonder if I even did it too fast...or at least if I should have bailed when my knee issues first arose.

~ Sarah Kay

corland

I know it doesnt help ya for tranining Zoom Zoom, but Hawk and another friend are registered and planning to run in that 4-4:30 range. I'm gonna ramp the mileage big time and race marathonmanleto. That should be a big laugh. Lots of fun stuff along with the girls running the half on the same course. K, I'm done arm twisting now. Wink
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How can I not do it, now?! This is gonna be like a mobile MI party! I hope someone brings some threads we can jack! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

Dammit...you fools! I am this close to saying "F it" and registering.
                          Well ???????

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, I'm sort of waiting a few days for the credit card to catch its breath. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

BLAZE

K you in? Half or full?
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Full...when I register. My dumb right knee has me paranoid, though. Roll eyes

~ Sarah Kay