Bayshore Marathon

I met Mishka and didn't know it... (Read 181 times)

Marathonmanleto

Before the race and after we talked.  He looked familiar--could not place the face.  Congrats on  a great race despite your difficult second half.  Funny thing is it hit me in the car after lunch--much too late.  Great time!  Hope to meet you next year.

Princess Cancer Pants

You never would have been unable to place me...no one else on the course had a camouflage running skirt on! Big grin

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Mishka

Thanks a lot Joe!  And congrats on your race!  Well done!

I have to say, I was such a bundle of nerves in the last moments before the race that I don't remember many conversations I had.  Did I talk to you about pace?  That's one I remember!  If I did, you were talking about going out at 7:00 pace, and the trick was to be patient.  Patience would have been a good thing to keep in mind right around 10.  Oops.

I do hope to get back next year and look forward to meeting you again then!

Marathonmanleto

Patience was the topic--you looked great after the half.  Terrific race.