Bayshore Marathon

Bayshore + 5/3 25k? (Read 257 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone else think it's biting off more than I can chew to do a 25k race 2 weeks before a marathon? DH's aunt and uncle (very avid runners...with lots of miles and marathons under their belts) are trying to talk me into doing both...but 5/3 is only 2 weeks before Bayshore which is only 3 weeks before NCTR (said aunt and uncle's race--he's the RD)...seems like maybe all 3 would be a recipe for disaster--and it probably would be bad for the NCTR team captain to end up sidelined. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

I know that myself and Cory are doing 5/3 and Bayshore. North Country is still up in the air yet. It is something that I want to do, time will tell with that one. Do you know if it has filled up yet. I hear that it fills VERY FAST.

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NCTR isn't full...yet. But they let previous teams have first shot at registration, then any former teams not registered by 4/1 get the boot and new teams get in on a first-come, first-served basis. I looked more at my schedule...Bayshore, then NCTR 3 weeks later, then Chronicle Seaway 15k 2 weeks after that. No way am I doing 5/3 on top of those. 4 races in such a short span would definitely be asking for trouble, I think (especially since I'll be planning on a 10 miler in April). I'd rather do CSR 15k than 5/3. CSR 5k was my first race ever and I know Q is planning on that one. Plus 5/3 is such a damned mob scene.

~ Sarah Kay

Marathonmanleto

Kirsten--I ran both last year. It can work very well if you approach the 5/3 as a training run--not a race. Of course, this year I have Cory all over my butt so who knows...

Hail to The Victors!

Kirsten--I ran both last year. It can work very well if you approach the 5/3 as a training run--not a race. Of course, this year I have Cory all over my butt so who knows...
            Yeah, seems to me that you wouldn't want to do 5/3 faster than say, marathon pace. Any faster might bite into your recovery time to get ready for Bayshore. But I'm a cautious sort, others may be more daring than I. Zoomy, it all depends on how fast you plan on doing what. Approach two of those three with an eye on an easy pace, and you should be golden.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...I don't think I will run 5/3. I can't see spending money and dealing with that mob scene on race day just to run easy, kwim? Besides, I still have my signs from Q's marathon last Fall. I can reuse those on you clowns. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

I am planning on a moderate pace for 5/3. We have a team set up for this race as well. It should be fun no matter what. Did you guys & gals know that next Thursday (Jan 8th) at Craigs Cruisers is a mini-fitness expo and early registration. Myself and several friends are going to register there.

Kevin