Bayshore Marathon

Last RAer to finish... (Read 391 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

= first to the bar and first to post a race report.

Hope everyone had a great trip back.  We drove back up the race route after checking out of our room, then further up to the lighthouse and back down the other side of the peninsula.  Man, that is gorgeous up there.  I grew up almost exactly on the other side of Lake MI (on the Door County peninsula of WI) and it really felt like home to me.

I can't wait to run Bayshore again...I need to teach that race a lesson. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

Congratulations Zoomy.

For the record, I had a 2 1/2 minute pit stop waiting for a portapotty (and yes, I did still fall apart in the later miles of the race. I felt great until about 18, then not so good and then around 21-22 I felt like total shit. OMG did the last 4 miles hurt. See you in GR.

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, I have a 10:03 mile early in the race...and a 12:52 in the later miles.  Yeah, I know how to have a good time. 

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Still haven't looked at my splits...It ain't likely to be real pretty.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Hail to The Victors!

= first to the bar and first to post a race report.

Dang, cut me some slack!  Just got back from TC!   One of the best weekends I've ever had.  Thanks to all of you who I met this weekend, it was an amazing Saturday, in part thanks to the fun at the bar after the race!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Still haven't looked at my splits...It ain't likely to be real pretty.

Do it...can't be any worse than mine.  I plan to use my RR from Bayshore as a cautionary tale to those training for their first race.  This was my second and I still ran it like a moron. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

corland

Do it...can't be any worse than mine.  I plan to use my RR from Bayshore as a cautionary tale to those training for their first race.  This was my second and I still ran it like a moron. Tongue

Heh... it was my 5th.  The marathon is a bitch. 

Marathonmanleto

Great weekend--next year again for sure!!  The last few miles sucked. Hey, who hit the beer aid station at 24?  That was just what I needed to push through the blackness.  God bless all who ran this weekend.  Keep on training and may our paths cross another day.
                  corland

Great weekend--next year again for sure!!  The last few miles sucked. Hey, who hit the beer aid station at 24?  That was just what I needed to push through the blackness.  God bless all who ran this weekend.  Keep on training and may our paths cross another day.

Ran a few steps past it, turned around and went back.  They musta knew I needed it, they almost emptied an entire can for me. 

Newago, 9/5.  I'll be running to catch you.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Was this the group with the Coronas?  Yucky.  I wonder what a beer would have done to me at that point.  I probably would have said nuts on the PR. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Ran a few steps past it, turned around and went back.  They musta knew I needed it, they almost emptied an entire can for me. 

Newago, 9/5.  I'll be running to catch you.

That is so funny! I took a few steps and then turned back asking if they were serious, and then gladly took a beer! 

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is so funny! I took a few steps and then turned back asking if they were serious, and then gladly took a beer! 

They must have been out of beer by the time I rolled through...'cause I wasn't offered one and you guys saw my headband.  They did ask what was in my bottle, though. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

They must have been out of beer by the time I rolled through...'cause I wasn't offered one and you guys saw my headband.  They did ask what was in my bottle, though. Tongue

I was tempted to ask them why they weren't at earlier miles, like mile 8, 12, 16, AND 20!    I would have gladly taken some beer off their hands.

Michelle

I need your headband!!!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I need your headband!!!

You can get one at BondiBand.com

Big grin

~ Sarah Kay