Bayshore Marathon

Who's staying Saturday Night? (Read 485 times)

Think Whirled Peas

I've got a hotel room for two nights, and just wondering if anyone else is staying for Saturday night? Might be an opportunity to hit a few local bars and raise a (very little) hell and bask in our marathon/half marathon/10k/cheer section glory. Plus, I'll buy the first round of beer. No fruit.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We are! Where ya' stayin'? We'll be at the Baymont (seemed like the best stay for the money). I am so gonna be drinkin' after this one. I only had like 1 beer after Milwaukee...so friggin' WRONG...in Milwaukee, for pete's sake! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am. I just don't know where. Undecided

Michelle

Marathonmanleto

We were planning to head down to Newaygo after, but that was before I knew Q was buying.

Think Whirled Peas

We were planning to head down to Newaygo after, but that was before I knew Q was buying.
            We can make it a lunch dealio ('tis likely I'll be gettin' my all-day drunk on) if that helps...of course, you'll be waiting around a while until we slow-asses find the finish line! Come on people, there's beer involved!!!!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We can make it a lunch dealio ('tis likely I'll be gettin' my all-day drunk on) if that helps...of course, you'll be waiting around a while until we slow-asses find the finish line! Come on people, there's beer involved!!!!
              Now I GOTTA lose weight...otherwise no one will be able to carry me outta the bar! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

I think we can manage an all-day drunk thing! Big grin

Michelle

Kirsten, I just wanted to let you know - I'll be getting my own room (just in case any of my family does decide to come with me).

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, I just wanted to let you know - I'll be getting my own room (just in case any of my family does decide to come with me).
                    Are you gonna do the Baymont Inn, too? Just think of the hijinx Q is missing by staying at another hotel. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Are you gonna do the Baymont Inn, too? Just think of the hijinx Q is missing by staying at another hotel. Tongue
                      I don't know yet. I'm still trying to plan my Texas thing that is in March!!

Michelle

Another Passion

DW and I will be at the Baymont as well and through Sunday. Come join the cool kids, Michelle. Our youngest (14) DD may be with us as well. We will be going out with y'all though. Woot! CoolBig grin

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rick, I have a feeling that Dane will be flirting with your DD. The kid has no restraint around the ladies. Mostly he will ask her if she plays Wii or if she likes race cars. That's kind of his line with girls of any age.

~ Sarah Kay

DW and I will be at the Baymont as well and through Sunday. Come join the cool kids, Michelle. Our youngest (14) DD may be with us as well. We will be going out with y'all though. Woot! CoolBig grin
                            Most likely I'll be staying there too. My daughter wants to come along but I think she underestimates the boredom of a 12 hour drive!

Michelle

Another Passion

Most likely I'll be staying there too. My daughter wants to come along but I think she underestimates the boredom of a 12 hour drive!
                              How old is she? She could hang with our daughter if they're about the same age. Or, even if they're not. A 12 hour drive is long though. That's how long it took to visit my gram and gramps in the UP when I was a kid. I liked to travel though and loved the trip up there.

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Mishka-old log

I'm not really sure about Saturday night. I'm not sure about family plans yet. If they're there, I probably would stay, if not...probably not. My kids are young, and I tend to get some pressure to not be away too long for stuff like this. We'll see.