Bayshore Marathon

I'm IN! (Read 432 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW--if any of you Michigander peeps don't have Yack Trax you should really consider them. I have been running in this weather for too long without them. Picked up a pair over the Holidays. Terrific! Especially on icey roads like today. Do yourselves a favor--buy them. You won't regret it.
    Ditto. Man, I wish we could get one >freezing day in the forecast...that ice is going nowhere fast. No Can't wait to meet you, Joe! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Can't wait to meet you, Joe! Big grin
      Agreed. This should be good! And Joe, I totally agree about the signing up for a marathon being motivating. I spent the better part of the last couple of months barely running, completely out of sync. Then the decision landed to run Bayshore, and now I can't stop thinking about running; when's the next run; how far; how fast; double up; go long; go hard; go crazy. Thought I was losing my mojo, guess I just needed a carrot on a stick. Okay, beer in a frosty mug, but you get the idea.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

KvnJns

Joe, I am curious as to how the YakTrax feel when you are on clean and clear pavement? It looks as though it would be a rough ride at that point. I see where they would be fantastic on the snowpack and ice. Thanks

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Joe, I am curious as to how the YakTrax feel when you are on clean and clear pavement? It looks as though it would be a rough ride at that point. I see where they would be fantastic on the snowpack and ice. Thanks
          BAD. They are not designed for dry pavement/asphalt and those surfaces will actually damage/destroy them. That's the trick. Around here we have quite a few days when conditions are perfect. I have done 10+ mile runs on them, but our secondary roads are rarely well plowed.

~ Sarah Kay

Marathonmanleto

On dry they are a little rough, but I really only wear them when it"s lousy out and footing is an issue. The good they do on nasty far outweighs the slight inconvenience on infrequently encountered dry roads.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On dry they are a little rough, but I really only wear them when it"s lousy out and footing is an issue. The good they do on nasty far outweighs the slight inconvenience on infrequently encountered dry roads.
              Yep.

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

I'mma screw shoe this weekend. Yesterday and today's runs were bad...

Another Passion

Tammy and I are in for the half and reserved a room at Baymont as well. Evil grin This will be her first half and first long distance race.

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

KvnJns

Thats great news. It's a good thing that you registered today or you may not have been able too. I am impressed with how fast this race fills up. It must be a great one.

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tammy and I are in for the half and reserved a room at Baymont as well. Evil grin This will be her first half and first long distance race.
                      YAAAYYY!!! Party at the Baymont! I'm so happy to stay at a place with a pool. Our place at Milwaukee had no pool and that would have felt SO good after the race. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

First Half 05-23-09

I'mma screw shoe this weekend. Yesterday and today's runs were bad...
                        You, of all people, should be used to snow runs! Tongue MTA: above comment actually came from Rick. Forget I had signed on DW to sign her up for this group as she is shy and won't do so, or get involved in the community, herself. Roll eyes
                        Tammy
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tammy should not be so shy...we don't bite...I mean, not enough to break the skin and pass rabies... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Tammy should not be so shy...we don't bite...I mean, not enough to break the skin and pass rabies... Tongue
                            I think she is more averse to just using the computer, not to the people. She's never taken the time to check out any online forum or community. I really think she would enjoy it here and have encouraged her to join the LLR as well, but so far, no luck. I'll try to encourage her some more to get somewhat active on here.

Rick

Think Whirled Peas

YAAAYYY!!! Party at the Baymont! I'm so happy to stay at a place with a pool. Our place at Milwaukee had no pool and that would have felt SO good after the race. Big grin
                              Good deal, Rick!!!!! It'll be great to finally meet you! PLEASE take it easy on the training though. Make DAMN sure that leg is healed up!

Another Passion

Thanks, Q. The leg is not/probably will not be healed. It is funkified, but functional. I have been doing ok so far taking it easy on shorter runs and will continue to do so and build slowly. My goal for this race is to help Tammy finish her first half so, I shouldn't break myself any further in doing that. Big grin Gonna be great to see all you knuckleheads too, fruit in beer or not. Roll eyes

Rick