The Bike Shop

cleats, pedals, road bike (Read 286 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

well today I bought shoes and cleats/pedals...

hope i do the instillation right... then tomorrow it's off to find some grass to attempt to land in. haha

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Excellent!  Did you already get a bike?  What kind of shoes/pedals?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm procuring my dad's bikes that he no longer uses. I'll take some pictures and post them tonight. The road bike needs a tune up as it's been hanging in a barn for a couple years! So tomorrow I'll hope to get it into the bike shop! But I was able to take it around the block and clip in and out fairly easily!!!! I fell over on the first attempt because the seat was to high and I couldn't get into the saddle... but I only had 1 foot clipped in anyway LOL

SO YEAH!!!!

pictures later!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, awesome!  You are going to have so much fun!

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah i can't wait to get out there on it and play!!!

how's it going for you?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pretty good...I did a CAREFUL and SLOW 11 miles last night.  Ankle felt much better on the bike than it does walking around...but it also feels week.  I am really hoping I will be up for my first full century in 4 weeks.  I am sure my ankle will be fine by them, but I've lost training time and the distance will certainly not be easy for me.

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

holy crap you are doing a century!!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm well can you push the ride back a week or two if you need to?

I'm glad you ankle is starting to feel better! I'm sure putting it to a bit of use will help - i know that's against what most dr.'s say, but my body has always recovered better when in motion (even if slow motion) than by sitting on the couch.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

holy crap you are doing a century!!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm well can you push the ride back a week or two if you need to?

I'm glad you ankle is starting to feel better! I'm sure putting it to a bit of use will help - i know that's against what most dr.'s say, but my body has always recovered better when in motion (even if slow motion) than by sitting on the couch.

I did a metric century a few weeks back...just a nice ride with DH and a stop mid-way for lunch at the brewpub across the street from our favorite bike shop.  The full century is a huge organized ride about an hour from here.  If I decide the 100 is not do-able I can always scale back to the 67 mile route.

Actually, they do recommend gentle use...not total inactivity or going balls-out.  Running is a no-go for probably at least another 3 weeks, which is OK.  I don't have any real races on the agenda until Vegas HM in Dec.  And I'm doing that for fun, not for any PR attempts.  In the meantime I am happy to bike like a fiend.

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah i'm enjoying the biking. I bailed on my race today for bike polo - thought the race was at 6 and bike polo at 630. Turns out the race was at 7... decided screw it i'd rather play polo! LOL  I can always sign up for other races!

and that sounds like fun! I need to find someone to ride with! LOL

and i can't post pictures of my bike because I don't have a place to upload them too first! crap!

found this on the interweb - my racing/road bike... Schwinn 974 - mine is a darker blue and has a different seat

the touring is a Saratoga Fuji

The bike polo is Raleigh Jazzi  I'm getting ready to change the braking set-up on this one... and it's purple with stars! haha

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bike polo sounds fun.  I'm sure I would break something doing that, though.  I have a hard enough time biking around corners. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

honestly i thought so too, but it's not bad. Yes I'm bruised, but that just makes you more bad-assed! haha I even played in downpours today and the court was super puddled and it really wasn't that bad!

I decide to invest in some pedals and shoes.

I picked up a set of 2010 Black Shimano 105 pedals and a pair of NorthWave Aerlite 3 shoes.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very nice!  I can't imagine riding without clipless.

~ Sarah Kay