The Bike Shop

Alright, so who has been out on their bike? (Read 23 times)

Hip Redux

Between the piles of sand on the side of the road and the fact that it keeps SNOWING, this has been a late year for bike riding.   Getting antsy to go for a ride!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

We've had a good stretch of weather here.  I rode118 miles last week.  One commute to work and the rest was over the weekend. Of course it's supposed to rain now!

You've had a bit of a rough year in CT so far...

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

I saw that and was sufficiently jealous.   It's in the 40s for the next few days and then our high this week is going to be 60...and raining.  Saturday looks like it might end up being a decent day to get out... holding out hope.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

How's your psoas doing with the bike these days?  Better than before?  You deserve some quality bike time this summer!

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Better!  I can do about 45 minutes on the spin bike and be just a "little" sore the next day.   Which is way better than 15 minutes and excruciating pain immediately after lol

Village people

The roads are awful between the sand and the potholes. It is supposed to snow or something tonight but maybe next week. i was hoping to bike my age on my birthday but that is only a few weeks away. I might be looping my street for a few hours.

Hip Redux

The frost heaves and pot holes are pretty crazy this year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been out a few times, but not as much as I would like.  We were WINNING the 21 mile tandem division (would have done the 36, but DH is recovering from foot surgery around Christmas) of a recent gravel road race...then had a flat...and another, and another.  The first flat caused our rim strip to shift and each new tube was getting sliced by 1.5 miles in.  So we made it about halfway and were done.  Sucked, because we were having a blast and kicking ass.

Tomorrow is supposed to be near 70.  Cannot wait to ride!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Goal was to ride every month but I missed Feb due to some snow.

Not a lot of miles on the Brompton but plenty of fun.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's like a Transformer!!

~ Sarah Kay

Village people

It's like a Transformer!!

I hope it is easier. I had a heck of time transforming those things.

I might go out this afternoon. It is a beautiful day and I want to try out my new pedals.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Goal was to ride every month but I missed Feb due to some snow.

Not a lot of miles on the Brompton but plenty of fun.

I missed January; being in Arizona was the only reason I didn't miss February.

Cool photo!

Running is dumb.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Last week was awesome, this week...meh.

~ Sarah Kay

Last week was awesome, this week...meh.

Ditto, it was snowing this evening and I think Central Mn is the new Chicago.......WINDY.....

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ditto, it was snowing this evening and I think Central Mn is the new Chicago.......WINDY.....

Yep, wind and flurries in West MI, today...thanks for nuthin'!!

~ Sarah Kay