The Bike Shop

First big ride of the season (Read 18 times)

Village people

I have been working on swimming this winter so my

bike time was limited. I had been out a few times but nothing major. I figured that I would ride outside when the weather was better.

DH talked me into taking a drive with him to Hampton Beach to drive along the ocean. I am a big chicken and I have never ventured off my street to ride. In my defense,    there are crazy hills in our neighborhood. I am also a chicken.

I was expecting the town to be pretty quiet and a be good place to get over my fears. It is a pretty nice day here and the beach was packed! I was shaking as I drove through Hampton but I started to feel better as I left the town. It was about a 25 mile ride and I think I have gotten over my fear. Riding back into town felt a bit better.

DH blew me away on his bike and I got stuck at a red light, there was construction and blah, blah, blah so I rode by myself the entire trip.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rides like that go a long way towards building confidence.  I still don't like riding in areas with lots of traffic and people -- mostly because I don't trust THEIR ability to behave predictably.  I tend to plan my rides around avoiding traffic and population density, for that reason.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

gusgordon

Nice, Jan.

Village people

Thanks, guys. Except for the town, it was pretty easy. Nice wide shoulders and the speed limit was only 35. I am making plans with some cycling friends to have some more adventures.