The Bike Shop

5000 miles, anyone? (Read 125 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Look, there is a group for that! Big grin

Hubby just told me about this today.  I'm not anticipating this kind of mileage, yet, but it's not far above my goal.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

awwwwww maaaaan. i need a trainer. Sad

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I sorta loathe my trainer...and I finally killed the ancient one I'd been using the past 2 Winters.  Looks like I'm going to get to use my new one this week.  Tomorrow will be in the 40s, but after that back to 20s and 30s.  I am registered for my first TT on Sunday, but right now it looks like it will only be in the low 30s and I am SO underprepared for it...so I may bail.  50mpw on the trainer for several months has really killed my bike fitness.  I've easily lost 2mph over the Winter. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

hopefully you can get that speed back soon. i know im struggling now with having enough stamina to sustain higher speeds, oxygen depletion doesnt take long, but i feel lucky that i can still get some distance in. i already did a 40 miler and probably will again tomorrow with some hiking mixed in. this weeks weather is pretty crummy, but next week is forecast for record highs! ill be enjoying it in lovely santa barbara.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

next week is forecast for record highs! ill be enjoying it in lovely santa barbara.

Oooh...that sounds like a dream!

~ Sarah Kay